Yellow Master Warning Light On, then cleared?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

This morning, I jumped into the LEAF and quickly powered up, released the brake and popped into reverse as has become my habit; i.e. I don't wait around for the startup chime to finish.
Then I noticed the yellow master warning light ( triangle with '!' ) stayed lit as I backed out of the driveway. Seatbelt on, doors closed etc.

No other indicators were lit and I saw nothing in the center text box. From the manual, I thought I should always see something light up to identify the issue.
I backed all the way out and put the LEAF in 'D" and moved forward a bit but the light wouldn't extinguish and nothing seemed odd about the way the car behaved. So, I parked, cycled power, and everything came back up fine and dandy.
Naturally, I was in a hurry, so I didn't spend much time with this but just thought it was odd and worth noting here in case others have seen this also.

Very good idea to let us know so that others can
watch for the same symptom.

Your reported "cure" is just to "reboot" ... a little slower.
(turn everything off and start over, a but bit more slowly)

You might check to see if it seems to be correlated to
your fast ON-and-GO sequence. If you and others can
reproduce it, it gives something that is easier to investigate.

It probably set a transient error code that your dealer can read. You might want to drop by and have them take a look and let you know what it means. If you have a scan tool, it may be able to read it as well.

sparky said:
This morning, I jumped into the LEAF and quickly powered up, released the brake and popped into reverse as has become my habit; i.e. I don't wait around for the startup chime to finish.
Then I noticed the yellow master warning light ( triangle with '!' ) stayed lit as I backed out of the driveway. Seatbelt on, doors closed etc.

No other indicators were lit and I saw nothing in the center text box. From the manual, I thought I should always see something light up to identify the issue.
I backed all the way out and put the LEAF in 'D" and moved forward a bit but the light wouldn't extinguish and nothing seemed odd about the way the car behaved. So, I parked, cycled power, and everything came back up fine and dandy.
Naturally, I was in a hurry, so I didn't spend much time with this but just thought it was odd and worth noting here in case others have seen this also.

You didn't read what the warning was? That little button that scrolls through average speed, mi/kWh readings., etc will show a menu that has WARNINGS on it. Go there and it should tell you if you had a door ajar, or whatever warning the yellow ! was for.

Jimmydreams said:
You didn't read what the warning was? That little button that scrolls through average speed, mi/kWh readings., etc will show a menu that has WARNINGS on it. Go there and it should tell you if you had a door ajar, or whatever warning the yellow ! was for.
Yeah, now you remind me about the little scrolling button! I sorta thought if there was a warning, it would dominate the center of the screen and I wouldn't have to go looking but you're right there is that menu scrolling screen that I forgot about.
Anyway, no return events and I've been clicking though power-on; parking brake release and into fwd/rev in less than 2 secs several times today.

EVDRIVER said:
I heard that happens each time the pack life capacity drops 1%.
If this was my PbA Ranger EV; that would be about right!

Just add a resistor. I have tow friends that have changed theirs to lithium and now have over 80 miles range without fully cycling.

Back