corrisi
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
Delivery Date: 09 Apr 2019

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I can't hear it in the video either, watching it on a PC with an Altec Lansing speaker dock as my sound system.
Thanks for the feedback. In my lg v30 plus smartphone its so clear the sound and the noise " ta ta ta ta"! In the video give special attention in climbing from 1minute and 50 seconds. See in the motor graphic when i accelerate the noise appear and when the motor regenerate the sound disapear. For me is so clear...Thanks.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5409
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:22 am

corrisi wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I can't hear it in the video either, watching it on a PC with an Altec Lansing speaker dock as my sound system.
Thanks for the feedback. In my lg v30 plus smartphone its so clear the sound and the noise " ta ta ta ta"! In the video give special attention in climbing from 1minute and 50 seconds. See in the motor graphic when i accelerate the noise appear and when the motor regenerate the sound disapear. For me is so clear...Thanks.
Lol, I can hear it and I have 90% hearing loss in one ear, and using crappy earbuds. :lol:

Anyway it does seem to match wheel RPM. I guess the gear oil is worth a try; at least you can inspect for any unusual wear metals. Just for shits and giggles, give the tires a good inspection. I have seen "similar mystery noises" arise from stones or other objects embedded in the tire tread. Or even from internal tire damage. For that last hypothesis you could try a tire rotation to see if the noise changes in quality or location.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 13308
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:33 am

I was paying extra close attention when the motor power rose, but didn't hear anything I was sure wasn't background noise. I'll give it another try, when I have time.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

corrisi
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
Delivery Date: 09 Apr 2019

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:58 am

Nubo wrote:
corrisi wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I can't hear it in the video either, watching it on a PC with an Altec Lansing speaker dock as my sound system.
Thanks for the feedback. In my lg v30 plus smartphone its so clear the sound and the noise " ta ta ta ta"! In the video give special attention in climbing from 1minute and 50 seconds. See in the motor graphic when i accelerate the noise appear and when the motor regenerate the sound disapear. For me is so clear...Thanks.
Lol, I can hear it and I have 90% hearing loss in one ear, and using crappy earbuds. :lol:

Anyway it does seem to match wheel RPM. I guess the gear oil is worth a try; at least you can inspect for any unusual wear metals. Just for shits and giggles, give the tires a good inspection. I have seen "similar mystery noises" arise from stones or other objects embedded in the tire tread. Or even from internal tire damage. For that last hypothesis you could try a tire rotation to see if the noise changes in quality or location.
Thanks for the replay!
This week when my car was in revision in Nissan they put 4 new tires of a Nissan 40kw to test, but sadly the noise remain.
Do you think that could be a problem in front wheel bearing hubs? I think in nissan they up the car and test that hipothesis rotating the tires. Best regards.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 13308
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 am

I tried again and still don't hear it. I have mild to moderate tinnitus, and maybe that masks it.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

corrisi
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
Delivery Date: 09 Apr 2019

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:21 am

LeftieBiker wrote:I tried again and still don't hear it. I have mild to moderate tinnitus, and maybe that masks it.
No problems. You must hear in a place with total silence other wise its dificult to hear the noise. As I said before from 1 minute and 50 seconds, in climbing its clear the noise. Best regards.

Valdemar
Posts: 2627
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Oak Park, CA

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:20 am

corrisi wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I can't hear it in the video either, watching it on a PC with an Altec Lansing speaker dock as my sound system.
Thanks for the feedback. In my lg v30 plus smartphone its so clear the sound and the noise " ta ta ta ta"! In the video give special attention in climbing from 1minute and 50 seconds. See in the motor graphic when i accelerate the noise appear and when the motor regenerate the sound disapear. For me is so clear...Thanks.
Ok, that helped. It is nothing like the noise my car makes as yours seem to happen once per wheel revolution and mine is many times per wheel revolution, so at the speeds you were driving it becames hum-like noise, individual clicks cannot be heard. I kind of doubt the sound you hear is reduction gear related, but you never know.
'11 SL, totaled
-1CB@33k/21mo, -2CB@53k/33mo, -3CB@68k/41mo, -4CB(41.5AHr)@79k/49mo, -5CB(38.85AHr)@87.5k/54mo
-0CB(66.14AHr)@87.5k/54mo (BBB), -1CB(53.92Ahr)@140k/29mo,
51.1AHr, SOH 80%, 150k miles

9kW Solar

corrisi
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
Delivery Date: 09 Apr 2019

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 am

Valdemar wrote:
corrisi wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I can't hear it in the video either, watching it on a PC with an Altec Lansing speaker dock as my sound system.
Thanks for the feedback. In my lg v30 plus smartphone its so clear the sound and the noise " ta ta ta ta"! In the video give special attention in climbing from 1minute and 50 seconds. See in the motor graphic when i accelerate the noise appear and when the motor regenerate the sound disapear. For me is so clear...Thanks.
Ok, that helped. It is nothing like the noise my car makes as yours seem to happen once per wheel revolution and mine is many times per wheel revolution, so at the speeds you were driving it becames hum-like noise, individual clicks cannot be heard. I kind of doubt the sound you hear is reduction gear related, but you never know.
Thanks Valdemar. If it is a problem in the reduction gear is there any possibility of repair or simply has to be new? Technically it is assuming that it is a problem of the gear as it is explained that only it does in acceleration? Best regards.

Valdemar
Posts: 2627
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Oak Park, CA

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:56 am

It can be a dozen different things. If it is the gear I don't think your dealer will want to mess with the internals, they'll just swap the whole unit.
'11 SL, totaled
-1CB@33k/21mo, -2CB@53k/33mo, -3CB@68k/41mo, -4CB(41.5AHr)@79k/49mo, -5CB(38.85AHr)@87.5k/54mo
-0CB(66.14AHr)@87.5k/54mo (BBB), -1CB(53.92Ahr)@140k/29mo,
51.1AHr, SOH 80%, 150k miles

9kW Solar

corrisi
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
Delivery Date: 09 Apr 2019

Re: Faint gear like noise at low speeds.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:41 am

Valdemar wrote:It can be a dozen different things. If it is the gear I don't think your dealer will want to mess with the internals, they'll just swap the whole unit.
Yes, i understand. Next step will be change the gear oil and see what happens. When i have new informations about my case i will post. Many thanks.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”