dyhopper
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Beaverton, OR

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 pm

derkraut wrote:Hey; I'm an old, simple, conservative type of guy; and I'm really beginning to have reservations about this car. I mean--almost every day when I peruse this forum, I read about a new "issue".

If this was a new ICE vehicle, it would probably be classified a pending "lemon" by now. :( :o
Well, it is a first generation car. I think we all accepted that going in.

But, despite having an issue only 3 weeks in, I can say that I LOVE this car. Having to drive a loaner around (and stop at the gas station) just confirms how great the LEAF is for my situation.

BTW, Beaverton Nissan has been great about working around my work schedule, getting me a decent loaner, etc. even though I didn't buy from them.

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:48 pm

derkraut wrote: If this was a new ICE vehicle, it would probably be classified a pending "lemon" by now. :( :o
I'm doing good with mine - 1500 issue free miles as of now! I keep looking for faults (or the potential for future faults) but I don't come up with any. ;)
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
EVDRIVER
Moderator
Posts: 6705
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 am

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 pm

mwalsh wrote:
derkraut wrote: If this was a new ICE vehicle, it would probably be classified a pending "lemon" by now. :( :o
I'm doing good with mine - 1500 issue free miles as of now! I keep looking for faults (or the potential for future faults) but I don't come up with any. ;)

Wait til you charge with that new EVSE job and it sends 300V into your charger and blows the entire thing out. It will probably make the clock 20 minutes fast a week and the airbags inflate when you use a charge timer. That's what I think.

User avatar
Jimmydreams
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175
Location: Oceanside, Ca.
Contact: Website

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:57 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:
mwalsh wrote:
derkraut wrote: If this was a new ICE vehicle, it would probably be classified a pending "lemon" by now. :( :o
I'm doing good with mine - 1500 issue free miles as of now! I keep looking for faults (or the potential for future faults) but I don't come up with any. ;)

Wait til you charge with that new EVSE job and it sends 300V into your charger and blows the entire thing out. It will probably make the clock 20 minutes fast a week and the airbags inflate when you use a charge timer. That's what I think.
EVDRIVER, do you have any idea how 'straight' a lot of your jokes look to noobs? Learn to use the smiley faces more often, ok? ;)
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11480
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:00 pm

derkraut wrote:I mean--almost every day when I peruse this forum, I read about a new "issue".
Actually, I've not seen any "serious" issues - other than this. What else have you seen ?
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

gudy
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 am
Delivery Date: 20 May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:12 pm

evnow wrote:
derkraut wrote:I mean--almost every day when I peruse this forum, I read about a new "issue".
Actually, I've not seen any "serious" issues - other than this. What else have you seen ?
this one : http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2746
1st Leaf Order (order made and confirmed on 08/31 10:40am)
Delivered on December 11th 2010
15000 miles so far

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11480
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Yes - probably. But definitely not one "almost every day". I may have seen a total of 3 or 4 one might classify as "serious" at most.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

Kelangst
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:46 am

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 pm

And let's not assume there is a problem with the car- the dead car on the linked discussion could be driver error. Just because my perception was that I was fine, the car computer might say I drove further or faster than I think I did. I am human after all. So no jumping to conclusions. I have one of the first 25 in the US so it is expected that it isn't perfect. I disagree about the ICE comparison. I had the first generation Murano and there were issues as well and no one said to pull it from the market. It is just expected that things are not 100% out the gate.

smkettner
Posts: 7380
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I have not read one issue that was not fixed promptly and properly the first time at the dealer.
Lemon law would cover a problem that cannot get fixed after several visits.
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018

derkraut
Posts: 1517
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:39 pm
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 004248
Location: San Diego vicinity

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Well....maybe I over-reacted in my earlier post by using the word "lemon". So, I beg the forum's forgiveness for that. But, after all, I am just an old, VHS/VCR era semi-senile fart.

What the hell's TOU, Carwings, I-phone, Smartphone, and all that stuff? I just want to get in and DRIVE! :oops:
Derkraut
Color: Cayenne SLE, ETEC trim
reserved: 5/15/2010
Leaf del. 6/14/2011
New Traction battery installed on 7/28/2017:

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”