Page 5 of 5

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash - fixed

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 pm
by JimSouCal
dyhopper wrote:They clearly are intent on keeping us happy and quickly taking care of any issue.
Thank you for the update.

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:03 pm
by dyhopper
When I went to pick up the car, I was surprised to see technicians from Japan still there checking it out. They had at least 3 guys from Japan. I'm not sure if that was counted in the group from LA or if they had guys from Japan actually fly over for this. Pretty cool to see though. And, those guys humored me by pretending to understand my rudimentary Japanese. :lol:
And, my car is as good as new. :D

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:06 pm
by kmp647
Glad to hear its fixed!

Give em back the loaner on E , dealers are used to it!

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:47 pm
by stanley
I suspect that the three technicians from Japan are part of the group sent over to the US from Japan that are currently stationed at Long Beach doing Q A checks.

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:14 am
by Rat
dyhopper wrote:When I went to pick up the car, I was surprised to see technicians from Japan still there checking it out. They had at least 3 guys from Japan. I'm not sure if that was counted in the group from LA or if they had guys from Japan actually fly over for this. Pretty cool to see though. And, those guys humored me by pretending to understand my rudimentary Japanese. :lol:
And, my car is as good as new. :D
Ii desu!

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 am
by derkraut
stanley wrote:I suspect that the three technicians from Japan are part of the group sent over to the US from Japan that are currently stationed at Long Beach doing Q A checks.
AHA! "Three Wise Men" from the east. Suppose they were following a star? :lol: :lol:

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:59 pm
by stanley
derkraut, Despite your frustrations with what is happening, it is good to see that your good humor comes out in the end. Hang in there partner. The issues we are seeing are not unusual for the launch of a new car. I expect that future iterations will make the Leaf better and better (that is why i am leasing vs buying for the first time ever). However, the Leaf appears to still be a good car, now. What pleases me, is that it appears that Nissan will do whatever it takes to insure the quality of its product.

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 am
by Electric4Me
kmp647 wrote:Glad to hear its fixed!

Give em back the loaner on E , dealers are used to it!
You could have just explained that you went to fill it up, but your J1772 plug didn't fit!! :D