USB over current U1263

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowthom

Hello Brain Trust of Leaf owners,

My 2011 leaf coughed up a slew of DTC's yesterday. I think most of these are by products of a bad Apple charge cord shorting down the USB connector. So I aired up the tires and cleared the codes BUT the P31C2 popped back up today. I'm thinking harness or connector problems, probably got heated a bit.

Any Ideas before I go do exploratory surgery on my Leaf?
Thanks for your help!

51562144_2317071124983621_2346945687322624000_n.jpg

Clear DTCs, disconnect 12-volt battery for a minute, reconnect battery, and then clear DTCs again. I think that will take care of your issues unless your 12-volt battery is failing. The incomplete shutdown and other communication errors are likely due to telematics control unit (TCU) locking up (see threads regarding EV Connect and 3G TCU upgrade for more information).

Hello,
After clearing the codes the "P31C2 00C0 EV/HEV TCU-273" re-appeared. I inspected the harness down under the RS dash behind the glove box but found nothing wrong. I deleted the codes again and after a week of driving a DTC has not been set. I guess that means I got lucky and it's good to go.

Dodged another bullet...

Back