Update on the Frankin-charger:
I got all of the components removed that need to be transplanted from the used charger chassi with the blown capacitor and coolant leak to the chassis from my original charger Without the coolant leak. I have figured out that the white box on the side is extremely difficult to open, even with the screws removed, so I plan to transfer that portion from the used charger to my original charger chassis as well. That way, I will keep the bottom board (and differences related to it) and the white box together from one chassis to the other.
As discussed, I have ordered a pair of replacement capacitors one necessary, one spare:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/de ... K/5881170
I’m also on the prowl for the right type of RTV (staking compound). To the best of my guesstimation, I’ve determined it’s possibly RTV167. I haven’t been able to find a tube of that for under like 30 bucks. If that’s what it takes, it’s what it takes, but I was wondering if something like this would work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00065U8CY/re ... FbXA4B6PW
nlspace wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am
When you pull the board there are some diode voltage checks that you can do to make sure the waffle plate is not damaged.
I have done some basic comparisons between the two boards, and in particular attempting to do the checks we had previously discussed to verify that those components work. To this point, the only component that I have been able to prove failed is the exploded capacitor on the “new“ salvage board. I have not been able to detect any other trauma, and certainly not the level of what happened to my original waffle plate.
Thank you very much for all of your help.