has your Leaf's PTC heater failed? reply here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdleaf

Hi all,

I am looking to gather a list of customers affected by premature PTC heater failures in their Leaf.

I have anecdotal evidence that many Nissan Leaf customers have had their PTC heater fail under extreme cold conditions.

Faulted part number is: 27143-3NF1A

Expected Fault Codes:
```
B2773 0008 HVAC PTC Heater Circuit 1 HAC-75
B2774 0008 HVAC PTC Heater Circuit 2 HAC-75
```

If you have had this problem, please post here with as much detail as you would like.

Ideally include:
- year+model of leaf
- geographical location / area
- date purchased
- date of PTC heater fault and quoted cost to repair
- if you actually have paid for repair (or under warranty)
- any worth-mentioning extended warranty
- external refs/links
- etc

Thank you.

Also being tracked on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leaf/comments/azhjdr/nissan_leaf_ptc_heater_failed_reply_here/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I had PTC heater failures in extreme cold on February 5th and 7th, 2019.

-2018 SL
-Saskatchewan, Canada
-purchased March 31st, 2018
-codes read and sent to Nissan engineers February 8th
-new PTC heater and wiring loom ordered February 14th (have not arrived yet)
-should be a warranty repair

Both failures happened after the car was parked outside for several hours in temperatures below -30C. The first time the battery was at 23% SOC and the second it was at 79%. I have driven in these temps many times this winter and the heater has worked perfectly before and since the failures so I'm not convinced it is a physical PTC "failure". To me it seems more like a software/battery management issue or, if the wiring loom was run without enough slack, it's possible the contraction in extreme cold could cause some issues.

I have gathered a LOT of other evidence throughout online forums etc. Here are all of the instances/occurrences i could find in one place with a TLDR (as best I could gather)

----

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=21226
2011 Leaf
WHEN: Jan 2015
FIX:
RCA:
> The workshop has come back with the diagnose "defect PTC heater" and "defect DC/DC converter".
> DC/DC and onboard charger fall under the 5 year / 60,000 mile power train warranty.
> Heater falls under the 3 year / 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.

----

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=21175
2012 Leaf
WHEN: Dec 2015
FIX: unknown
RCA:
> I suspect the dealer quoted a price to replace everything associated with the heater. There are several sensors, HVAC control module, coolant pump, power controller for heating elements, the heating elements themselves, motor-operated air flow dampers, and associated wiring harnesses. Loose wiring connections or failure of any component would lead to loss of heating. The actual cost of repair depends upon what actually failed. I suggest you question how the dealer determined the repair cost and ask what actually failed before you authorize repairs.
> Yes, keep in mind that dealerships usually (not always) follow the following repair procedure: start replacing modules associated with the failed system until it starts working properly again. Some try to save time by just replacing the whole system. I was once quoted $3k for a transmission replacement, when what the car needed was a $300 (parts and labor, total) external solenoid.
> I have a 2013 leaf with 30k miles on it. My heater just quit working about a week ago I got it to the dealer and they told me it would cost $2033 to replace the PTC Heater and reprogram the VDC. The part cost $850 and the rest is labor. I have been looking for a video or a tutorial that would show steps to replace it.

----

https://www.reddit.com/r/leaf/comments/2wxstn/below_zero_temperatures_outside_and_no_heat/
2015 Leaf
WHEN: Feb 2015
FIX:
RCA:
> no useful resolutions

----

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=24086
2013 Leaf SV
WHEN: 2017, June
RCA: ?
> no useful information

----

https://www.truedelta.com/Nissan-LEAF/problem-histories-968
Leaf (?)
WHEN: Mar 2014
FIX: temperature sensor replaced (AND PTC and PDM grrr)
RCA: temp sensor
> 38710 km Heater was no working. I took it in and they thought it was the PTC element. Took two weeks to get part and it was not it. Next ordered PDM module, took two weeks and was not it either. Found it was temp sensor. Replaced and all fixed.

----

2013 Leaf
WHEN: Nov 2013
FIX: wiring harness replaced
RCA: wiring harndess
> Heater stopped functioning. Dealer replaced wiring harness under warranty.

----

? Leaf
WHEN: Apr 2014
RCA: unknown
FIX: replace/repair?
> Resistance heater failed, common problem. Part was on back order so repair was delayed.
> Block heater broke down. Known problem with early 2013 LEAF. Complete replacement. Sulfated battery

----

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=20251
2013 Leaf SL
FIX: replaced heater
WHEN: 2016, Oct

----

https://www.speakev.com/threads/ptc-heater-fault-leaf-tekna-2014.1440
2014 Tekna (UK version of Leaf)
FIX: done (unknown what was done)
WHEN: 2014, Nov
> Service department said they didn't think it would take that long
(presumably they had parts or it was fixable?)

----

https://www.speakev.com/threads/ptc-heater-fault-leaf-tekna-2014.1440/post-402511
2013 Tekna
FIX:
WHEN: 2017, Jan
RCA: suspect temp sensor or wiring
> quite a known fault on the forums of either a) temperature sensor thinking PTC is over hear or b) PTC heater/wiring at fault.
> Interestingly it came on when the car got really cold on a night temps dropped to -5.. but next day it was at fault again.

----

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=19082
2013 Leaf
FIX:
WHEN: 2015, Feb
RCA:
> PTC heater High voltage harness or connectors (PTC heater high voltage circuit is open or shorted)

----

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14780&start=80
2013 Leaf
WHEN: 2013, Jul
FIX
RCA
> There were less than 150 MY13 LEAFs delivered to Quebec, and four or five people from there have posted about having dead heaters. Considering not every owner frequents EV forums, I wonder what the actual failure rate is.
> My dealer here in Montreal has only sold 4 or 5 2013's and is doing the 3rd heater assembly.
> I have a 2011 that is a six months out of out of warranty and the PTC went out. Has anyone been able to get there's fixed after warranty due to the service bulletin? NTB14001 Seems like a known issue that should be taken care of. I'm talking to the Nissan folks about it, but was wondering if anyone has gone down this path post-warranty.

----

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14780&start=70#p351615
? Leaf
FIX: replace temp sensor
RCA: water temp sensor on heat pump
> so the PTC heating element was not it, then they decided to change the Power Distribution Module (PDM) and that was not it, so then they decided to change out the water temperature sensor and that was it. The car thought the water was always at 190F, so the element stayed off and it thought it was heating the car

----

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=25272
2013 Leaf SV
FIX: cleanup fliud leak
WHEN: 2018, Feb
RCA: system to be leaking refrigerant due to bad O-ring
>

----

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21175&sid=4df8a9cb25494581f5eac1b39bdd2e98&start=10
2012 Leaf SL
HACK FIX: (non-standard PTC elements)
WHEN: 2014, December
> We just fixed our with a bypass, took photos but this forum has no easy way to just attach them.
Basically we picked up 2 20$ PTC heater elements off eBay 200 watts each and pulled power off the driver side panel fuse box which has an open high power lug we tapped with a 30@ fuse and ran 10 gauge zipcord under the dash up through the defroster vents to the PTC heaters placed center over each defroster vent.
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hw1KaR3bEaQ3U9hV8ipYMTTyfUSFqlI5

----

https://forums.automobile-propre.com/topic/performances-chauffage-leaf-20-1950/?tab=comments#comment-27080
? Leaf
FIX: replace PTC heater
WHEN: 2015, Feb
> Diag. at Nissan today: the resistance is well HS, they order one (new reference, therefore evolution of the part), replacement scheduled mid-February (5h MO),

----

https://www.justanswer.com/nissan/c2kvp-heat-defroster-not-working-blower-works-no-heat.html
2013 Leaf
WHEN: 2019, Feb
> research on the S model and the PTC element.We have a bulletin out: NTB14-001b for insufficient heating that recommends replacing the PTC heater and reprogramming the VCM.
> It’s a technical service bulletin to address certain issues that may be common or misdiagnosed

I suspect mine has failed. 2014 S, about 25000miles.

I just took the car over from my Dad in upstate NY, and drove it here to Michigan. He complained in the past about the heat being poor or not working, but I'm not sure if it ever worked or failed at some time in the past, or if the dealer did anything beyond explain that's just how it works poorly.

On an overnight trip with cooler outside temperatures, and maybe relatively humid outside, about 55-60 deg F, I was having windshield fogging issues due to getting only cold air from the defrost vents. Had to keep the ac button off, except for short durations to defrost inside. Still windshield was cold enough that it was fogging outside a little. (using wipers to clear). Nothing I do can get anything warmer than outside air to any of the vents, temperature set to 90, any combination of heat/defrost/ac mode settings.

Inside the garage, I ran the AC a while to get the interior cold, while charging, then turned off the car, set the climate control timer to turn on in a few minutes later. The climate timer did start up with heat & defrost on, but noooo heat. Without pre-cooling the car interior, the climate time starts up in cooling mode, which activates the AC. At least that's my understanding from reading, and initial observation.

There are codes set, checking again now with LeafSpy. I'll read the service manual pages for these:
B2773 0008 HVAC PTC Heater Circuit 1 HAC-75
B2774 0008 HVAC PTC Heater Circuit 2 HAC-75

This is my first post here, I'm finding lots of great info, Thanks!! Still have some questions, if anyone has replaced their own PTC or have some more knowledge about it:

My 2014 S would have only the PTC, no heatpump? I haven't come across a list of what the HVAC hardware is for each model year.

What part of the PTC fails, the actual heater, or some part of the LIN controller that runs it?

I see in the service manual how to replace it, looks like they say to remove the whole HVAC unit, that seems nuts. Looks like it comes out from the drivers side of the HVAC module, from behind a grounded sheet metal shield with 'tamperproof' torx bolts , I see after taking off the center console and driver footwell plastic. Can it be taken out without removing the whole HVAC?
Are the PTCs the same across the various years?

Thanks

My PTC heater failed last winter when it was -32 C. It started working again when it warmed up a bit the next day but failed once more on another extremely cold day. Apparently one of the wiring loom(s) (I believe there are 3) was run too tight. When it would shrink a bit in the extreme cold it would partially disconnect and shut the system down. The dealership changed all the looms and installed a new PTC heater under warranty. I can confirm they pulled out the entire dash and most of the interior. They ended up having the car for 5 days for the repair and an annual inspection. With the PTC heater working, there is no problem keeping the car warm, even below -30 C - other than the huge energy consumption and range loss. If you have LeafSpy you could check if there is any extra energy draw when the heater is running.

My 2014 S would have only the PTC, no heatpump? I haven't come across a list of what the HVAC hardware is for each model year.

All of the Leaf S cars have the PTC heater only - no heat pump. As for what fails, I seem to recall one or more cases of fuses for the units failing, but don't remember if the failures ever turned out to be the fuse only, or if it was always a heater failure.

Daklein said:
I suspect mine has failed. 2014 S, about 25000miles.

how to replace it, looks like they say to remove the whole HVAC unit, that seems nuts. Looks like it comes out from the PSG side of the HVAC module, from behind a grounded sheet metal shield with 'tamperproof' torx bolts , I see after taking off the center console and driver footwell plastic. Can it be taken out without removing the whole HVAC?

Well, I created a Leaf pile in the garage, working at getting to the PTC. Removed the whole IP/dash plastic as service manual says. Then the right passenger side of the HVAC module and the PTC slides out to the right. Wonderful!! EXcept!! Argh, it hits the mount for the glovebox, sticking down from the whole d@mned IP beam. Yeah, the service manual says to re-align that too, after removing/aligning the steering column from it. Wow this is nuts... I guess I have to do that to get it out & replace it.

On top of all that, I think I've made my Leaf pile even worse, now I have P311C, P3176 and not able to precharge and close contactors, not getting ready light.

The PTC slides out part way before hitting the IP beam glovebox mount. I removed the PTC control module from the PTC element, it pops off with clips on the the front/rear, leaving the PTC core still in it's slot in the HVAC module. I opened the cover on the PTC control, maybe there's a fuse? All looks fine inside, all good clear dielectric goo, and put back together. I did find moisture inside the PTC HV connector to the battery, maybe that's the original issue setting codes with the PTC? But if that was the issue, there should have been codes for the HV bus isolation. Dried that out, put back together. The resistance of the PTC heater, measured from the HV battery end of the PTC harness is 565 kOhm. Sound right? Not sure how, but the PTC must have blown the precharge resistor when I turned it back on. Or did I not wait 10 minutes after pulling the service plug, and the charged caps in the inverter discharged and blew something?

Currently, I removed the PTC HV wires from the connector to the battery, leaving just the HV interlock in the plug, and taped over the end so no mice get their fingers burned. Next I need to check if anything else is wrong with HV bus (AC compressor, PDM, traction inverter), before taking the pack out, Argh...

What'd I get into with this, Brenthasty's 12v PTCs on the dash look appealing now. ;)

Daklein said:
the PTC must have blown the precharge resistor when I turned it back on. Or did I not wait 10 minutes after pulling the service plug, and the charged caps in the inverter discharged and blew something?

It did blow the precharge resistor. I removed the pack and replaced it, now back to ready light, running and driving, and no heat/defrost as before.

I won't be plugging that particular PTC heater again: I took the cable out of the HV plug to the battery, leaving the interlock loop, and epoxied the tail of the plug shut, until I get a new heater.

I also confirmed how fast the HV bus discharges at powerdown, about 5 seconds to get to ~safe voltage ~36 volts. So there's no way waiting 10 minutes had anything to do with it.

Anyone have a used (working...?) PTC heater to sell? Anyone have a working one to verify what is the normal resistance across the HV input terminals: is it essentially open circuit, or does it show something like 500 kOhms?

mdleaf said:
Hi all,

I am looking to gather a list of customers affected by premature PTC heater failures in their Leaf.
I'll add mine to the list.

2013 Nissan Leaf SL, originally a US Leaf.

Failed sometime in November, 2018 at around 51,000km (~31,700miles) also in Winnipeg, MB, Canada as someone on your Reddit thread indicated as well. Dealership said B2773 and B2774 codes and NTB14-001C required PTC Heater and VCM reprogram.

Quoted $2847 plus taxes ($427) or about $3274 Canadian (~$2472 USD) to fix. I did not get it fixed. They said that was for replacement of PTC heater unit / evac/recharge a/c for PTC, 6.0hours labour, part 2006.17.

danowpg said:
Quoted $2847 plus taxes ($427) or about $3274 Canadian (~$2472 USD) to fix. I did not get it fixed. They said that was for replacement of PTC heater unit / evac/recharge a/c for PTC, 6.0hours labour, part 2006.17.
Which dealer? How did you get through the winter without a heater?

Kev994 said:
danowpg said:
Which dealer? How did you get through the winter without a heater?
It was through Vickar Nissan here in Winnipeg.

I bought a 12v plug in PTC heater and it was sketchy in our -35C. Seat heater and heated steering wheel helped. I simply don't have the money to pay it, and even if I did, that's engine replacement money for an ICE vehicle, so I'm kinda on principal not wanting to do it either. They should have designed it so that it could be replaced easier, IF that's the problem.

Hoping to find the sensor and wiring harness part #'s to try and have that checked first.

There are folks who have installed auxiliary gas or diesel heaters in a Leaf. It would be a lot less $ than a replacement PTC heater and you would get a lot more heat. In Winnipeg it might make a lot of sense since you get tons of heat with no loss of range. Search around the forum and you will find the posts.

goldbrick said:
There are folks who have installed auxiliary gas or diesel heaters in a Leaf. It would be a lot less $ than a replacement PTC heater and you would get a lot more heat. In Winnipeg it might make a lot of sense since you get tons of heat with no loss of range. Search around the forum and you will find the posts.

Here is one of those topics:

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26390&p=534837

I don't want to clutter the thread with too many posts, but based on some of the solutions, they suggested replacing the coolant temperature sensor and / or the wiring harness to the PTC heater. I'll update this post with some of the information I found, as I am going to try and solve this myself as well.

Coolant Temperature Sensor

They said the Nissan part number is #226303NA0A. You can typically buy parts here in Canada (and the US) from Rock Auto or on eBay. When I looked up 2013 Nissan Leaf, there were none in stock. These temperature sensors do not seem to be that unique. When searching eBay, sellers also indicated these part numbers:

J10 JJ10 B17 B10 S14 N15 K13 Z51 C11 B16 R51 L31 F15 N50 J11, T32 EZ0/1 L30 L70 BZ0 BJ0 JK0/1 BR0/1 CR0/1 HY B9A/M K9A/M, HR16DE QG16DE SR20DET SR20DE HR12DDR YD25DDTi MR18DE MR20DE, VQ40DE VK56DE VQ35DE MR16DDT MR20DD M4R 711 M4R 713 K4M 838, M4R 714 M4R 751 H4M 729 M4R 746 2ZV 604 K4M 866 K4M 858 V4Y 701, V4Y 711 V4Y 715 M4R 700 M4R 701 2TR 702 2TR 700 2TR 703 M5M 450, M5M 400 H4M 438 H4M 738 H4M 430 H4M 730 H4M 740 BLUE PRINT, ADN17204 ADN17205 BOSCH 0280130071 0280130072 0280130081, 0280130082 CALORSTAT BY VERNET WS3001 DACIA 2263044B20, 2345012920 DAIHATSU 226300M200 DELPHI TS1024812B1 EBERSPACHER, 9003703 ERA 330759 FACET 73225 HELLA 6PT009107531, HERTH+BUSS ELPARTS J5621011 HONGQI INFINITI A178352A, 226301W400 2263043Y00 2263044B10 2263071L00 226307Y000, 2263095F0B 2263099B10 22630ED000 22630JN00A JAGUAR METZGER, 0905129 NISSAN 2263000QAH 2263001U00 226303NA0A 2263044B00, 2263099B00 22630D9702 RENAULT RENAULT TRUCKS SAMSUNG VEMO, V38720004

Searching for Nissan's 226301W400 / 2263000QAH / 2263099B00 seemed to come up with the same "FACET 73225" also listed above. Price as of 2019/10/01 is $13 Canadian.

Here's a local thread on how to replace it:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=25000

After receiving the new part, it looks like the probe is slightly larger than the OEM one, but the Facet 73225 fits perfectly. It comes with a metal washer instead of the rubber one, so I believe it's important to swap to keep the rubber one. After replacing it, turning on the heat to max and fan to max doesn't seem to engage the PTC heater on mine. On to the next option...

Heater Harness

These may or may not be the right harness for the heater. Keeping them here as a record of what I found at NissanPartsDeal.com :

Harness-Sub, Blower Unit
27020Y Nissan Leaf S 27206-3NF0A (Listed at $26 USD as of 2019/10/01)
27020Y Nissan Leaf SL/SV 27206-3NF2A (Listed at $26 USD as of 2019/10/01)
27020YA Nissan Leaf Harness-Sub, Blower Unit 27206-3NF1A (Listed at $20 USD as of 2019/10/01)

Heater Assy-PTC
27143N 27143-3NF1A Replaced by: 27143-3NF1B (Listed at $600 USD as of 2019/10/01).

Careful to specify which model years are being discussed:

11-12 have a high voltage coolant heater underhood with a temperature sensor that can be an issue and a traditional sort of heater core in the HVAC unit.

13 and up have a direct air high voltage PTC heater in the hvac unit.

I just got my 14 working again 😁, with a new PTC heater I pulled from a salvage 13 for $50. It was a roll of the dice, but it worked. The 13 was the older part number, but looked like it had been replaced under warranty, because the grounding shield over the end of the heater did not match the rest of the shielding.

Goofing around trying to repair or figure out what was wrong with the original one cost me the trouble of blowing and fixing the precharge resistor, twice. 🙄.

But I learned a couple of things that I should have known in hindsight:
1) use an original leaf precharge resistor (thunderstruck ev have some), not just any 30 ohm 40+ watt per resistor. This cost a $300 tow home. 😒
2) consider humidity when resealing a pack, lithium batteries don't like water. After reopening the pack, there was some condensation collected around the lip inside the seal. Its pretty humid now, so I'll make a plastic tent in the garage with a dehumidifier, and I'll put some dessicant in for extra low moisture. I imagine packs are originally sealed in an air conditioned environment, I'm not sure if the service manual mentions anything about this?

So, about $350 and days of my time, similar to prices I got for having an untested salvage part pulled and shipped. Still better than $600 for a new one.

Daklein said:
13 and up have a direct air high voltage PTC heater in the hvac unit.
13 SV and SL have a hybrid heating system, while the S I believe is solely the PTC. From what I'm understanding from some of the posts, putting in a new PTC heater didn't necessarily fix the problem. It could be that the coolant temperature sensor is faulty and the switch between the two heating systems isn't happening.

Putting on my tin-foil hat, I'm going to guess that the computer reprogram they want to do when replacing the PTC heater might remove the dependency of the hybrid system from that sensor, assuming what I've read from other people is correct. Totally out on a limb here.

Daklein said:
Anyone have a working one to verify what is the normal resistance across the HV input terminals: is it essentially open circuit, or does it show something like 500 kOhms?

The working salvage heater I got was about 5 MegOhms resistance across the Hv input terminals.

Wow everyone there have been a lot of amazing replies of late with superb detail! Some of you clearly are comfortable self-repairing, really cool to read your experiments and progress! I have a mechanic brother-in-law would could certainly help me if we had a more reasonable diagnostic & root cause path.

Minor Questions:

1. Does anyone know if the resistor, wiring loom, or temp sensor are part of a "PTC replacement" (NTB14-001c) sequence a dealer would do? (if some are, thinking perhaps this might help to explain why some users report varying root causes that fix the issue, coupled probably with dealer miscommunication ...) -- for those of you comfortable and have it apart now or in the future, pictures & labels would be greatly appreciated!

2. The consideration of the computer reprogram removing the dependency is a curious thought, ^o^ ... it isn't outside the realm of possibility. If this were true though, I would have thought Nissan would issue it as a service campaign to prevent future failures.

The Big Two Questions:

A) Does anyone know or have access to Nissan R&D? - in all I've read, and in my own dealer experience with 3 different dealers Southern Ontario, it is my opinion that they are insufficiently trained to efficiency resolve this problem without expensing the consumer >$2k. Most recently they tried to tell me that my 2015 SV doesn't have a heat pump! ;/ only the PTC heater ... I really think we need to engage Nissan R&D and bypass the dealerships.

B) In Canada and USA we have transport safety authorities. In my opinion, the PTC heater failure is a SAFETY issue as without it, the ability to defog windows is drastically reduced. Plus in Canada, extreme cold without heat is unsafe in of itself. Should we pursue these authorities under these grounds? I have no experience in this area.

---
A request:
PLEASE if you have not already, contact Nissan Canada or Nissan USA, and your dealership. We all need to complain about this issue so that Nissan gives it attention. (in my discussions with Nissan Canada and dealerships, this is exactly how it works, if there are enough failures, it triggers Nissan R&D/warranty to investigate)

danowpg said:
Heater Assy-PTC
27143N 27143-3NF1A Replaced by: 27143-3NF1B (Listed at $600 USD as of 2019/10/01).

This is the PTC assembly unit I was going to purchase from US, and ship to Canada.
https://www.partsfornissans.com/oem-parts/nissan-heating-unit-271433nf1b

(however I am wary to spend ~$1k CAD if we're not sure it will fix it!)

mdleaf said:
2. The consideration of the computer reprogram removing the dependency is a curious thought, ^o^ ... it isn't outside the realm of possibility. If this were true though, I would have thought Nissan would issue it as a service campaign to prevent future failures.

Yeah, was a tin foil hat moment. But I wouldn't put it past the company to look at it in dollars and cents: Most people using them aren't in cold climates, and only on the SV/SL so it's not like its 'affecting' most people. Admitting there was a fault by creating a service campaign could open a huge liability hole for those who had already had the $3,000 service to fix the PTC heater. I don't think Nissan has a track record of being that proactive - they're already losing money on the Leaf.

mdleaf said:
B) In Canada and USA we have transport safety authorities. In my opinion, the PTC heater failure is a SAFETY issue as without it, the ability to defog windows is drastically reduced. Plus in Canada, extreme cold without heat is unsafe in of itself. Should we pursue these authorities under these grounds? I have no experience in this area.

I don't know if something similar to this exists in the USA, but here's an informative article on the USA:
https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-to-possibly-force-a-recall-on-your-car-1830938474

Edit: Using the "Defect Petition" language, I found a Transport Canada website that might do just that:
https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/road/defects-recalls-vehicles-tires-child-car-seats/report-potential-defect.html

mdleaf said:
I am wary to spend ~$1k CAD if we're not sure it will fix it!

That has been why I have been procrastinating as well.

Back