Noticed random chime while turned off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardw

Does anyone know what the various chimes are when the car is turned off mean.

My wife and I have heard two different ones coming from the car while it is sitting. This has occurred both with the car plugged in and unplugged.

Is this some sort of feedback for the Carwings download or monitoring?

Not sure. My son leaves his key in the car at times. Possibly it's complaining when you open/close driver's door that the key is inside.

Take a look at page 2-20ff (page 152/342 in the "2011-Nissan-Leaf.pdf").

My wife doesn't carry a key with her and I didn't have mine with me. The car was definitely off.

The chime was not an external noise. It sounded like it came from inside the car. It wasn't the beep that occurs when you lock the car or move away from the car with the key while it is still on.

The sound is more like a shortened version of the start up "song."

Could it be the 'charge sound' coming from the VSP speaker, if you've selected timed charging?

Is there a vacuum cleaner or anything else with an electric motor in your garage that the car might have been talking to? Maybe it was just lonely and was trying to strike up a conversation with your water heater! After all, none of us REALLY knows what these things do when we're not around, do we? :?

There is a vacuum and a hot water heater close by!! Hmmmm?

I don't have the timed charging set up so I don't think it's because of that.

My guess is that some sort of update or message is going through carwings, but it doesn't happen in any predictable way that I can puzzle out.

Back