EV System warning light + battery light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hackdroot

So I came back to my 2013 Leaf today after it had completed charging at a chargepoint station, and after pulling away, noticed that the EV System warning light + battery light were illuminated. The car started and drove as usual. I drove it about 1/2 mile to my work parking lot and shut the car off. Looked through the manual to see what the lights indicated. I did notice that the red battery light did go out and back on a couple of times during my short drive.

I turned the car back on and neither of the lights were lit. Drove 25 miles home and haven't seen them since. Now it was very hot out today in the bay area (104deg), but my car was parked under the solar array during charging for the most part (solar array portable chargepoint station). The charge ended at 80%, as it should have, and I received a notification from chargepoint on my phone that it had completed. I checked the 12v battery when I got home and it's currently at 12.36v.

I connected LeafSpyPro and don't see ant DTC's stored that would indicate any errors. I'm not sure of the 12v battery age since I purchased the car used about 2 years ago. It's currently at ~63k miles.

Anything else I should look for?

Any other indication of a failing 12v battery?

Apprehensive about commuting with it right now since the road I travel has some stretches with no shoulder and heavy traffic.

I have had the EV warning light come on after charging at public chargers (usually DCQC, but once or twice on L2) on both 2011 and 2015. Communication issues between car and charger for the occaisional occurrence on DCQC (based upon DTC's read with Leaf a Spy). I suspect either supply voltage issues (transients, interruptions, or abnormally high/low voltages are my guesses) or pilot signal issues for the once or twice on L2, but not clear from DTC's present after cycling power and driving.

12.36 volts after car's computer modules go to sleep is lower than I like to see, but it is reasonable if measurement was made immediately after parking (before computer modules went to sleep).

^^^ THIS
I have had similar dash lights after public charging, although (luckily) it hasn't happened in quite a long time.

Back