Yellow triangle warning light - exclamation point in the middle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zanne845

2012 Nissan Leaf SL, 63,000 on the clock.

This warning light came on about 2 weeks ago. Took it to a local dealership and the follow is the diagnostic result:
"Tech got code C10E1 - Need to replace electric brake motor and control unit and re-program."

They were vague on what all this means but they were ready to order parts. Was quoted $1300. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Have the 12 volt battery tested before you replace the brake control unit. A weak accessory battery can easily cause false error codes for other components.

I agree with LeftieBiker.

It is helpful if you post your region in your signature. Battery stress is greater in warm/hot climates, and much less in cooler climates.

Where do your live? How old is your 12V battery?

This error pertains to the parking brake.

6JDNcdf.png

Similar question to the OP; got the yellow triangle light. LeafSpy captured the codes below. Do you think this is because my 12v battery is failing? It's the original battery on a 2015 Leaf.

Many thanks in advance.

What's interesting is I used the parking brake once but the car had 2 previous owners so who knows how much use it got. I will have the battery tested first and send an update. I was quoted $970 for the brake motor and control unit. In case I have to move forward with getting it replaced, what's the possibility of finding the part at a lower cost?

If you're willing to try used parts I would think you'd be able to find those. I doubt you will find new parts for less than the dealer but you can shop around to try.

Back