LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: Sagging door

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

If the alignment is good with the door closed, then the latch post is set properly. I agree that this is a likely a worn hinge or two.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

jbeuree
Delivery Date: 01 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 304682

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:25 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 am
1) When the door is closed properly, the gaps will be even because the door is being held in place. Check to see how the panels align horizontally all the way around. A tweaked frame might display a bow in places.
Everything looks good and straight, which makes me think its something to do either with the hinges or where they attach.
2) A visual inspection is not likely to reveal anything on the hinges since there is so little that can cause closing issues.

Best bet. Open door then lift up on the end. Is there any play? If not, bent casing. If there is, bent or loose hinge or even possibly door although that is the least likely cause.
There didn't seem to be any play in the hinge itself, but it could be that its such a small amount it's difficult to notice. It's enough that it's hitting the bottom of the door, but I don't think there's really all that much clearance there to begin with.
I also wonder if the door could have been caught badly in the wind or something, and if that could have tweaked where the hinge attaches enough to mess it up but not really be noticeable.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:57 pm

I also wonder if the door could have been caught badly in the wind or something, and if that could have tweaked where the hinge attaches enough to mess it up but not really be noticeable.

That would be a warped hinge. Maybe. See if the door hangs below the frame when open.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm

jbeuree wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:26 am
I don't have pictures, but when the door is closed the gaps look nice and consistent all the way around. ...

If the bottom is hitting but other gaps are fine then it doesn't sound like a hinge or adjustment problem. It makes me suspect what someone already mentioned -- improper jacking of the vehicle deforming the bottom of the door frame. But again can't say for sure without seeing it.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”