Duosida 32A doesn't play nice with charging timer.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linus

I purchased a 2016 SV two weeks ago, the next day I ordered a Dusida 32 amp level 2 EVSE from Amazon. The EVSE work great when there is no timer set in the car, however set a charge timer (I've tried start time only, end time only, start and end time), and the two don't want to play together nice. With a timer set the car beeps and clicks (relays switching) on and off every ~30 seconds. When I look at the display of the EVSE it appears that it keeps trying to start charging when the car doesn't want to.. amperage goes from a few milliamps to 2-4 amps then the car clicks and beeps and it drops down again.

I tested with the Nissan EVSE and it works as expected.

I'm leaning towards it being an issue with the Duosida EVSE and considering returning it and going with a JuiceBox Pro.

Any feedback, thoughts, or things to try are greatly appreciated.

Linus said:
I'm leaning towards it being an issue with the Duosida EVSE and considering returning it and going with a JuiceBox Pro.

I'd suggest going with the JuiceBox for a different reason. the Duosida isn't UL safety listed. The JuiceBox is UL listed.

LeftieBiker said:
It is the EVSE. I had that happen with a third party refurbished Clipper Creek L-1 EVSE. They fixed it for free.

Thanks for the confirmation, I shall initiate the return process. Given that I have tried to contact Duosida about the issue and have had zero response I think I'll try the JuiceBox now.

I've had very good luck with my Duosida on my '12 and '13 Leaf but don't have a '16 so can't directly comment on that. I also have a Juicebox(older one not UL certified) that also works well :)

Well after trying to contact Duosida and getting nowhere, I returned the EVSE to Amazon (simple process) and purchased a JuiceBox Pro 40. I have to say after using the JuiceBox for a week, I am positive I made the right decision. Everything works as it should and the smart functions are very useful and not a gimmick at all.

Back