Charging issue one beep no lights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primal211

So I picked up a 2012 leaf bandit wont charge . I have 2 l1 nissan chargers that came with the car when I plug them in all I get is one beep from the car and no dash lights other then saying the plug is present light on the gauge cluster. Any help would be appreciated

i checked that the ground is fine i even tried other outlets on different breakers.
i also replaced the aging 12 volt battery when i got the car due to it not holding a charge.
the chargers have a solid ready light

There might be a charge timer enabled. Not sure on a 2012 where the button is, but you should find the charge timer override button to the left of the steering wheel:

immediatechargeswitch.png

Press it, and the middle charge light on the dash will come on. Then, plug in the stock charger (EVSE) and see if it starts charging...

A charge timer conflict would present as the three blue dash lights flashing one after the other, in sequence. I call it the "Charge Timer Dance." It's distinctive. This sounds like an EVSE problem or a car charger issue - maybe a bad diode.

Yeah, I was not sure if the three light dance occurred on a 2012 as I've never owned one. Figured it would be a simple thing to try...

Codes from LeafSpy would help tremendously. If it's a bad diode, you can diagnose it as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R4dGg8nIUs

Was anybody able to figure out this issue? When you plug in the charger, it beeps but there are no lights. Also confirmed that the evse works, onboard charger works, and that the charge timers are off.

Somedude said:
Was anybody able to figure out this issue? When you plug in the charger, it beeps but there are no lights. Also confirmed that the evse works, onboard charger works, and that the charge timers are off.
How do you know the onboard charger works? Does the car charge at other L2 charging stations?

Back