Dc Fast charger and ac stopped working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daklein

Hmm, took a little drive today. (2014 with 2019 62 kwhr swapped this past December, with MUXSAN bridge, doesn't seem to be related, but we'll see).

Anyway, I noticed that the ac was not working, compressor doesn't seem to run, no ac power shown on leaf spy. At the fast charger, they was no joy. It's a new fast charger that I haven't used before, but I don't think that's the issue. I'm sitting on a level 2 dripping in enough to make it back home now, good thing L2 still works. L2 did not work either until clearing codes. On the fast charger, I cleared codes and tried 2 different chargers, with same zero joy.

Anyone seen these codes before, and any issues that they resolved to? Guess I'll look these up and follow what the manual says to check.

I haven't changed anything recently. I'm not positive when the last time the ac worked or if that's related. Dcfc worked a couple weeks ago.

Thanks!!

Ok None > ABS Ok Non-> AIR BAG Ok None Ok None -> BRAKE
B2802 2308 CHARGER Q/CHG Isolation Sig Err VC-56
B2820 0008 CHARGER Quick Charger VC-63
U 10088708 CHARGER Quick Charger Comm VS 49 Ok None
P3171 000A EV/HEV PD Module System EVC 241 >
P 3170000 B EV/HEV PD Module System EVC 241 >
P 3160000 B EV/HEV PD Module System EVC 238
Ok None HVAC Ok None -> IPDM E/R Ok None -> METER Ok None -> MOTOR CONTROL Ok None -> SHIFT Ok None

I found this similar thread, which discusses the 12v battery being a potential cause, or maybe a bad fast charger. https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21235

The charger mine failed on is recently upgraded, at the Nissan Tech Center in Farmington Hills, MI, so I imagine that someone there has successfully charged a Leaf on it to test it out.

I definitely do have a marginal 12v battery, the original one from 2014. Now I remember that the radio has been losing it's presets from time to time. In order to do all the handshaking and tests, the 12v battery in the car has to keep probably most all the controllers up and happy, until the contactors close and the DCDC start up. That's definitely longer and maybe more load than what happens at key-up for a normal startup.

I'll try tomorrow at another fast charger, with and without using a 12v jump pack to support the battery. We'll see.

I was going to suggest the 12 volt battery, but I don't recall Isolation Fault as being one of the common errors for that. I was thinking it might be related to the battery swap...

Huh, dcfc works fine at another closer to home charger, without boosting the 12v. I'll have to try the problem charger and another that I've been meaning to verify that it works on.

Here is what I suggest, since you obviously plan to keep the car:

1: Replace the 12 volt battery with a new, fully-charged AGM battery.

2: Clear all remaining codes.

3: Charge at a DCFC that is known to be working properly.

4: Record any new codes.

You might also want to DM @mux, as Emile is the creator of the MITM CANBUS device and could likely provide some insights. You might just need a firmware update for that device, as I know the firmware is still a work in progress. If you can't get hold of @mux, perhaps @dala can help.

Back