Low Hum or Buzz in Speakers when Powered Off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightmb

I've already figured out what it was in my Leaf, but in case someone else has the same issue, there is a fix for it.

Basically, you drive the car around and when you finally park and power-off you can hear a hum in the car speakers. It finally goes away if you open and close the doors. Turns out, it is the cab light causing this. The Incandescent light bulb acts as a transmitter for the electronics that turn it on, dim it, etc. Once I figured it out, I could just switch it off, but I like it switching on at night when I open the doors, so I figured that replacing it something that would dampen that might help. Turns out my hunch was right, plus got a better light. I just went to the local Auto store and bought a replacement LED bulb. Once I swapped them, all the buzzing or hum went away forever now. Hopefully this info is useful for anyone in the future. :D

For reference, I noticed this in my 2020 SL Plus but never noticed it in my 2013 SV. To be fair though, in the 2013 SV I had replaced all the incandescent bulbs in the car with LED anyway.

My previously leased '13 SV w/both packages did it: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=363285#p363285. I'm pretty sure my current '13 SV w/premium only does it too.

cwerdna said:
My previously leased '13 SV w/both packages did it: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=363285#p363285. I'm pretty sure my current '13 SV w/premium only does it too.

I found that topic afterwards when I did a search, somehow I missed it before I posted, but the topic never had info about what was done to stop it other than the cab light was the source. Thanks for the reference though, hopefully if anyone else runs into this minor issue, the fix is easy if it annoys them enough. :D

Back