System fault message

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbyDoo101

I own a 2020 Nissan Leaf n-connecta I bought it July 2020 (it’s a Jan 2020 model) this warning message has popped up and I’ve looked in the manual but I can’t find the image in the manual or online! Any ideas?

185757277_10159169766618928_4222151227086406887_n.jpg

Thanks!

Have you been driving it everyday or has it been parked for somewhat long periods of time (weeks at a time undriven) ?

It may be that the 12V starter battery is weak.

I’ve been working from home but I drive my daughter to school every morning and then pick her up after . At most there’s maybe only 1 or 2 days a week it’s not driven.

This is not a common message. A low 12 volt battery will often produce several different, seemingly-unrelated error messages, but not this. I'm afraid that you may have stumped this group on your first try!

General fault. As informative as a Microsoft Windows error message.

Do you have an OBD II scanner? Maybe a local auto parts store can plug in one of theirs. Otherwise, off to the dealer

That's the generic yellow Master Warning light (exclamation point inside a triangle), along with some yellow road symbol. Based on the yellow road symbol, my guess is that the Lane Departure or Lane Assist system of your car is having problems.

It took me a while and some digging to figure out that the n-connecta is a UK version of the Leaf. I found the website below helpful for explanations on the UK version of car warning lights.

Car Dashboard Warning Lights Explained (UK)
https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/blog/car-dashboard-warning-lights-explained-uk/

I could not find the UK version of the 2020 Leaf manual online in PDF format. I found that Users on some UK online forums complained that Nissan does not provide the UK manual in PDF format.

Thank you everyone for your help! I kinda figured it might be to do with either the lane assist or the blind side warning. Neither of which I use!

As long as it’s nothing overly serious and the car won’t just randomly stop on me. It’s due it’s service soon so I’ll get her booked in and see if they can make it go away!

Thank you for all your help and suggestions!

Back