front fan comes on when I start the car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NwCali6

This is a new to me Leaf and my first EV...

I bought a OBDII connector to check the SOH (60ish%). I'd noticed in the past that the front fan would come on sometimes when I "started" the Leaf, but for sure it came on when I was messing around with the OBDII stuff (leafspy). I turned it off a few times, but it always started back. I live in a cool climate (year round) and it had not been driven much during the days (hours before).

Is this a thing, or should I be paying attention and if it keeps up make my way to a dealership (hour plus away thru mountain roads)?

Thanks

What year and model Leaf do you have? If it's a heat pump equipped model, then you are hearing the climate control running. Turn that off and the fan should stop. You will also hear cooling fan(s) run if the car has been driven, as you seem to understand.

LeftieBiker said:
What year and model Leaf do you have? If it's a heat pump equipped model, then you are hearing the climate control running. Turn that off and the fan should stop. You will also hear cooling fan(s) run if the car has been driven, as you seem to understand.

Its a 2011, sorry I didn't put that in to start with. So this is before the heat pump years right?

Thought I'd posted, but, I don't see it.

Climate Control is off (had to be to get it home over a mountain). its indeed the front cooling fans, which run regardless of anything I've been able to tie it down to. I suspect a possible bad temperature sensor maybe. I'll have to figure out the OBDII reader to get any further.... Thanks, I'll post what I find eventually. :) It sure will make the battery not go as far though.

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25000&hilit=Temperature+sensor

I finally searched using the "right" keywords, came up with that, in case anyone else ever googles it maybe this will help.

Back