Leaf Cooling System - Technical Info for Gen 2 Models (2018 - Present)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightmb

I've searched online and read a lot of break-downs of the Gen 1 Leaf and parts, components, etc. I couldn't find much for the Gen 2 Leaf (2018 to Present), so this is more of a research question for those that know the parts better than the info I can find online.

I've got 2020 Leaf SL, I am trying to determine what all cooling system(s) it has in it. I can see from just looking under the hood, it has a water pump that feeds the radiator in the front, the radiator has (2) electric fans on it. Looking through some cooling system break-down diagrams online, it looks like it either has or can use a Differential Oil Cooler Pump? I'm not sure if it is part of the standard model or if that is an after-market install. I can find the part number for it from Nissan and the site says that it fits the 2020 Leaf. Part number for it, 15037-12VP4.

I'm trying to determine how much power all of these devices use. For example, the water pump, does it just run at one speed or is it variable.? How much power does it use at maximum? The two radiator fans, I know they are variable, seen it myself, how much power does each fan use when on low, high, etc? Finally, the Differential Oil Cooler, does it exist on Leaf models already or just ignore that since it is an aftermarket add-on?

Any info or assistance would be greatly appreciated. :D

Back