Official Nissan recall letter for the Leaf A/C problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

I received this about ten minutes ago:

Tom, Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding your Nissan LEAF™.

REASON FOR CAMPAIGN

On some 2011 Nissan LEAF vehicles, a diagnostic programming error may under certain conditions detect a "problem" with the air conditioning system that does not exist, preventing the vehicle from going into "Ready" mode the next time you attempt to start the car. This issue does not occur when the vehicle is being driven. However, the vehicle may not restart after being turned off.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO

To assure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, your EV Certified Nissan Dealer will reprogram the Vehicle Control Module free of charge for parts and labor at a time and location that best meets your needs. Typically performed at your Nissan EV Dealer, the reprogramming can also be completed by an EV Certified technician at your home or place of business provided there is a suitable and safe work area. Please discuss with your Nissan EV Dealer regarding timing and location.

This reprogramming will address the failure to restart issue, as well as improve the accuracy of the driving range display.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

Contact your EV Certified Nissan Dealer at your earliest convenience in order to arrange your appointment:

This service is free of charge and the work should take about one hour to complete. To ensure the least inconvenience to you, it is important that you have an appointment before bringing your vehicle to the dealer for service. Please bring this notice with you to your service appointment. Detailed instructions have been sent to your EV Certified Nissan Dealer.

If the dealer fails, or is unable to complete the service free of charge, you may contact the Nissan LEAF Call Center, Nissan North America, Inc., P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. The toll free number is 1-877-N0-GAS-EV-(1-877-664-2738).

Thank you for providing us an opportunity to ensure on-going satisfaction with your Nissan LEAF. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Yes, I noted that too... I wonder in what way and how it improves that...

It's also interesting that they claim they will come to your home or place of business to do the reprogramming...

lonndoggie said:
mogur said:
as well as improve the accuracy of the driving range display.
How about that bolded part?

Got a Noon time appointment with my dealer tomorrow to get the Vehicle Control Module (VCM) updated. They told me to plan for the update to take 1 hour. We'll see how it goes!

The range estimate give the car the true 100 miles. It also displays SOC on the NAV.

I purchased my Leaf at Fontana Nissan, but didn't want to drive all the way there and back to get the update. Called Nissan of Mission Hills in the Valley ( (818) 838-4444 ) and spoke with their service dept. They were unaware of the issue but were very friendly and easy to set up an appointment with once they had the VIN to see the bulletin. :)

-Matt

mogur said:

It's also interesting that they claim they will come to your home or place of business to do the reprogramming...
--------------------------------------------
I received the email from Nissan at 12:19pm today. My dealership-Boardwalk of Redwood City, CA said to allow 1 1/2-2 hours. They said that they will not be coming to offices or homes due to the volume of equipment needed to do this update :(

Since I do not have my car yet, I want to know... Did they really call it a "recall" or something else?

I'm running the A software and my appointment for the update is tomorrow at 2pm. It'll be interesting to see if there's any noticeable difference in the miles remaining display. ;)

gasmiser1 said:
I received the email from Nissan at 12:19pm today. My dealership-Boardwalk of Redwood City, CA said to allow 1 1/2-2 hours. They said that they will not be coming to offices or homes due to the volume of equipment needed to do this update :(
I smell BS. Nissan wouldn't have put that in their email if it weren't possible to do in the field...

Back