Emergency Tool Kit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

granted we want to keep unneeded weight down as much as possible, but what would be the minimal tools that would be a very good idea to have just in case?

we had the battery reset issue, so a 10 mm wrench.

we also had a rogue EVSE that required some tools as well.

any other thoughts?

--Tire Plug Kit, like "Slime 1034-A" on Amazon, with nice "T" handles, plugs and rubber cement. I'd rather try using this method, over the can of goo that comes with the car (might screw-up the tire air sensors).

--plyers, to pull out a nail or screw.

--Duct tape.

--Drop cloth, in case you need to crawl under the car to keep your cloths clean, or to lay in the interior to protect the fabric from bike chain grease.

--road flares.

--flashlight.

--microfiber blanket for wintertime (if stranded without power)

--cell phone.

If disconnecting the 12v battery's negative connection, it is a LOT EASIER to use a 13mm wrench to remove the connection TO the post-clamp, and NOT the actual clamp-connection on the battery post itself.

LTLFTcomposite said:
How about a 100' extension cord? :lol:
And one of those plug in for Edison 120V plugs that tests the ground and for a hot plug...

BTW, for excursions to unknown lands, I have 2X 50 feet 10/3 extensions, and another 50 12/3, so I can charge at a distance. Don't carry all the time--only pushing the range envelope.

I also have a tire plug kit as well.

Back