Scratches on Center Console

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCev

After two months of ownership the center console of my LEAF is starting to show some pretty noticeable scratches. The worst of these happened when the hose of a vacuum slid across the surface. Like the upholstery on the door arms, the high gloss acrylic on the LEAF's center console has always struck me as a poor industrial design choice for a high traffic environ. I know they wanted to make it like an ipod/iphone but there is a reason that we all have cases for those things.

I'm thinking of trying to mask the scratches with a banana or trying Novus acrylic polish. What are my fellow LEAFer's using to protect and/or polish their center consoles?

I use Plexus.

LBCev said:
After two months of ownership the center console of my LEAF is starting to show some pretty noticeable scratches. The worst of these happened when the hose of a vacuum slid across the surface. Like the upholstery on the door arms, the high gloss acrylic on the LEAF's center console has always struck me as a poor industrial design choice for a high traffic environ. I know they wanted to make it like an ipod/iphone but there is a reason that we all have cases for those things.

I'm thinking of trying to mask the scratches with a banana or trying Novus acrylic polish. What are my fellow LEAFer's using to protect and/or polish their center consoles?

At the moment, I'm just using a damp microfiber towel. However, I'm also trying to avoid touching the plastic on both the console and door handles, and cringe when anyone else does! Actually, depending on who it is, I'll sometimes even admonish passengers against touching them. I think avoidance them is the best way to keep them new looking for as long as possible.

I think I'll try Plexus this week. If anyone has other ideas, please let me know.

I have to say that the interior is my absolute least favorite part of the car. Its like the team that designed the space were so focused on creating a bright, open and high tech feel that they forgot that people actually drive their cars. As a driver I want my passengers to feel comfortable in my car. As a consumer I think that I have the reasonable expectation that normal use will result in normal wear. With the LEAF it's $500 car covers and microfiber gloves on the hands. My kids are going to have a complex! ;)

When they get to the point that they're just too unsightly, you could consider having them vinyl wrapped (much as they do to the console now as part of the ECO package) or get out the spray cans and paint them.

If they try to tell me that dirty door fabric, dingy seats, dirty armrest/console, and scratched center console are anything other than Normal Wear, I'm for a lot of lease return fees.

jwatte said:
rawhog said:
What we need is a set of templates for these areas. Then you could have vinyl cut in clear or the color of your choice to apply.

+1

+2. I was thinking the same thing. There is a great company Gelaskins that we use for our pods, phones, laptops, etc. I wonder if they would be interested in doing a custom cut for the LEAF. Will shoot them an email to inquire Check them out athttp://www.gelaskins.com//url].

GroundLoop said:
If they try to tell me that dirty door fabric, dingy seats, dirty armrest/console, and scratched center console are anything other than Normal Wear, I'm for a lot of lease return fees.
I see no way they can claim that (or rather get away claiming that). I'll point to these threads !

Hmmm, mine came pre-scratched...I don't think I had to pay extra for it. :?

LBCev said:

Back