My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rawhog said:
So my question is why does this not change. I read in the owners manual that it can be reset. And that it shows average speed since the last reset. Mine has shown 28.9 MPH since day one. Even after freeway speeds.

if that is what it is doing after reset, it is busted.
reset by holding down the top right-hand button.

Is this the Dashboard value, or the Nav-screen value?

Have you been able to reset either, or both?

If you cannot see it reset, it would appear to be a "lifetime average"! :D

Hello,
I think a lot of people will be amazed at the average speed. I do mostly city driving and my average is 17.4 mph. Figure this, how long does it take you to get to work and how far is it? Me: 35 minutes @ 9.7 miles = 16.63 ave mph.

Does the car include times when the car is stopped - but is switched on ?

But the avg not moving (esp in the initial ownership period) shows something is wrong.

evnow said:
Does the car include times when the car is stopped - but is switched on ?

Yes, The "trip" begins at power on and ends at shut down. It's just the total distance and the total time of the trip. Then I assume the averages are averaged together since reset.

Mine was stuck on 16.9 for months, so I thought it was broken and looked it up in the manual and reset it. It showed 19.8 the next day, so I figured it was OK, but I don't really understand the utility of knowing this value. :?:

TT

ttweed said:
Mine was stuck on 16.9 for months, so I thought it was broken and looked it up in the manual and reset it. It showed 19.8 the next day, so I figured it was OK, but I don't really understand the utility of knowing this value. :?:
This would be useful if it excluded times when the car isn't moving.

We can start qualifying our m/kwh or range with a meaningful average speed.

rawhog said:
I drive 45 minutes at 60-65 MPH each way. I have not reset it. But the manual says it is supposed to show the average speed since it was reset last. Plus, I have not reset it yet since I took delivery of the car April 5th.
I'm with you on this. Mine said, "18.5mph" for the ENTIRE first 2,000 miles. Then, upon reset (for the next 1,000+ miles) it has ONLY stated 21.6mph. from the get go, to now. Stupidly wrong. But I'll take the big things first. Like the RFI ongoing issue not being resolved or spoken about much by nissan.
:?

Back