Door unlock

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggodman

I thought I saw this somewhere before but I can not find it so I'll ask anyway, is there a way to set the car to unlock/lock when you walk up to it or walk away from it? Not the auto lock/unlock while driving/stopping but when I walk up with my key in my pocket I would like the doors to unlock, when the key gets out of range I would like them to lock.

No, the Leaf does not support that feature.

ggodman said:
I thought I saw this somewhere before but I can not find it so I'll ask anyway, is there a way to set the car to unlock/lock when you walk up to it or walk away from it? Not the auto lock/unlock while driving/stopping but when I walk up with my key in my pocket I would like the doors to unlock, when the key gets out of range I would like them to lock.

As it is now, all you need to do is press the button on the door handle just before opening it. Not as convenient as what you're proposing, but still nice ;)

TimLee said:
Press door button once to unlock only that door, press twice to unlock all the doors. Same as on 2009 Altima.
You can change the default to be unlock all doors on one press. It's been much handier that way. It's in the Setting menu on the Nav under "comfort and convenience":
From the Nav manual said:
[Selective Door Unlock]:
When this item is turned on, only the driver’s door is unlocked first after the door unlock operation. When the door handle request switch on the driver’s or front passenger’s side door is pushed to be unlocked, only the corresponding door is unlocked first. All the doors can be unlocked if the door unlock operation is performed again within 60 seconds. When this item is turned to OFF, all the doors will be unlocked after the door unlock operation is performed once.

Thanks all, I did no about the button push will try that.

Went out and tried it, brilliant, I can't believe I have never seen the button until now, DOH. :lol:

Back