trees and cruise control

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

here is something I havent seen recorded anywhere:
Watch the Tree meter when you go in and out of cruise control while maintaining speed.
The Tree meter doesnt like cruise control. The circle around the tree drops dramatically when you engage cruise.

Does anyone have an explanation for why using cruise--which the manual recommends as being a preferred method to boost efficiency--actually does the opposite on the efficiency meter?

(I noticed this yesterday and worked it again today on my commute. The other result was that I arrived at my destination with about 10-15 miles more range left; from 52-65 ish.
More tomorrow.
Sorry, I didnt check the bars; will be more diligent as I test this more.)
I checked the bars at lunch; the usage was the same; albeit that the bar measurement is crude.

I use CC with ECO all the time, and the trees continue to grow! It may be because the power bubble is in neutral most of the time. Maybe yours is at one bubble after cruise which would make a big difference in efficiency. Depending on my speed, the energy screen can show near zero Kw in neutral bubble.

LEAFfan said:
I use CC with ECO all the time, and the trees continue to grow! It may be because the power bubble is in neutral most of the time. Maybe yours is at one bubble after cruise which would make a big difference in efficiency. Depending on my speed, the energy screen can show near zero Kw in neutral bubble.

I get tree growth in cruise control, what I am saying is that the circle meter around it (and prolly the rate of tree growth) runs at a higher rate at the identical speed if I maintain it on my own.

I am not sure how you get neutral bubble "most of the time" unless you are running slightly downhill most of the time, or perhaps if the road is flat, totally flat.
What do you mean, Leaffan?

Back