Why is the Carwings lady shunning me?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
I haven't heard a peep from the Carwings lady in months. Why is she shunning me? Everyone I've spoken to about this, at least those who have had the same problem, indicates it was a symptom of a larger Carwings communication issue for them. But everything else Carwings appears to be working correctly for me. :?

Bassman said:
Now that you mention it, I haven't heard from her lately either. No updates on my efficiency or my ranking.

I didn't even realize there was a Carwings Lady. I feel totally shunned! :oops:

mwalsh said:
I haven't heard a peep from the Carwings lady in months. Why is she shunning me? Everyone I've spoken to about this, at least those who have had the same problem, indicates it was a symptom of a larger Carwings communication issue for them. But everything else Carwings appears to be working correctly for me. :?

Mine is talking to me after I messed up my favorites - Info from Nissan is in the default position and I have forgot how to put ID Check as default which doesn't say anything and doesn't take long to update.

nogajim said:
Bassman said:
Now that you mention it, I haven't heard from her lately either. No updates on my efficiency or my ranking.

I didn't even realize there was a Carwings Lady. I feel totally shunned! :oops:
Me either! Clearly we're just unloved.

I turned her off a while back so I wouldn't, thankfully, ever have to hear from her again!

mwalsh said:

what is the carwings lady? Is this "in vehicle"? or on the web portal? I've never had any voice information in either place. Most of the carwings data seems flawed as viewed from the web portal. I've not spent any time looking for data in the car itself, but from posts around here I understand the data in the car is more reliable.

She always tells me when my battery is low. Other than that, the only time she has talked to me was one time when my grandson was playing around with the console (don't worry, he's 21) and accidentally set a destination. She kept trying to tell me how to go someplace I didn't want to get to until I finally figured out how to cancel the route.

Why anyone would need a navigation unit on a car that's rarely more than 50 miles from home is beyond me.
<Just kidding -- I know there are a number of good reasons, but it turns out that they don't often apply to me.>

Ray

Back