Charger Issue Solution For People Using the CARWINGS Timer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eVgoNetwork

Hello fellow LEAF enthusiasts.

One of our customers recently encountered a problem when he attempted to charge at an eVgo Freedom Station and we wanted to share the solution with you. Through CARWINGS, he had programmed his charging at home to take place from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. When he tried to charge during the middle of the day at a Freedom Station the car would not accept a charge. He could not override the timer after the connection was made. The solution: he had to turn the timer off and then reconnect the DC fast charger.

There’s also another solution. The LEAF has a specific button that you can activate to temporarily override the timer. You can learn more about this subject in the LEAF owner's manual (page CH-24)

We thought this information would be helpful to you.

Enjoy your charging experience!

Your friends at eVgo

eVgoNetwork said:
... He could not override the timer after the connection was made. ... The LEAF has a specific button that you can activate to temporarily override the timer. ...
That button *is* how you override the timer, so what do you mean when you say he couldn't override the timer? Did he just not know about the button or did the button not work?

Thanks!

GeekEV said:
eVgoNetwork said:
... He could not override the timer after the connection was made. ... The LEAF has a specific button that you can activate to temporarily override the timer. ...
That button *is* how you override the timer, so what do you mean when you say he couldn't override the timer? Did he just not know about the button or did the button not work? ...
It sounds like overriding or canceling the timer didn't work AFTER the QC was plugged in. It is necessary to override first, then plug in.

I thought you have within 15 minutes of plugging in to push the Timer Override button to activate the timer override, either before or after plugging in. Maybe this rule only applies if the Leaf timer is during the ON period?

Maybe if the Leaf timer is during the OFF period, you'd have to push the Timer Override button BEFORE plugging in?

Bassman said:
Nope. I do it it all of the time. Plug in and then push the timer override. Works every time. Never been a problem.
Note, though, that they are talking about a QC station. Perhaps the behavior is different or buggy?

Back