Does the blue gear shift selector light up?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djchrispaul

Hi all

Great forum, this may sound a little silly but I can't remember if the blue gear selector lights up at night or not, all I know is mine does not, but only having my Leaf for 3 weeks now, I can;t remember if it ever did light up when the headlights are on, Its a bright blue during the day, so does it light up or not? :?

There is an amber colored light that comes on when your headlights are on right by the Sunglass holder/Reading Lights between the driver and passenger on the roof. The amber light is aimed at the center console, I believe, with the intention of illuminating the shift selector.

The blue shift selector looks like it should light up, and I have at times half expected it to, but apparently it's not in the design. Actually, if it did light up it would probably be distracting.

Thanks for the replies, it was driving me mental last night trying to remember if it lit up of not, seems so bright during the day, i thought it has some low blue glow at night but apparently not! I will pay attention in the future!

it is one of my only complaints about the car, that the various knobs on the door and other places are not backlit when the lights are on.

Back