Leaf not charging after power cut to evse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinwing

Hi all,I was hoping someone could save me a trip to dealer.i had leaf plugged into evse ,not charging but waiting for timer,I had to cut power at the breaker to do other elec work.Evse reset ok but car does not respond with ohm load on pilot .Evse doesnt even know its plugged in...is there some kind of reset on built in leaf charger?thanks in advance...kpc

Unplug the EVSE from the car and then try turning the car on and back off. I had a similar thing happen to me once and that cleared it. I assume you have already tried rebooting the EVSE...

Thinwing said:
Hi all,I was hoping someone could save me a trip to dealer.i had leaf plugged into evse ,not charging but waiting for timer,I had to cut power at the breaker to do other elec work.Evse reset ok but car does not respond with ohm load on pilot .Evse doesnt even know its plugged in...is there some kind of reset on built in leaf charger?thanks in advance...kpc

Yes to both.rebooted chgpoint evse,tried nissen panasonic also ,both act as not plugged into car..ie car not responding to proper ohm load on pilot signal.Tom t,first thing I thought of ,and did it a second time by driving arround theblock....sigh..looks like to the dealer...kpc

Are there any error indications on the dash? It would probably be worth resetting the car by disconnecting the 12v battery to see if you can clear any error state.

If the LEAF's Control Pilot circuit's diode blew (opened), the EVSE would not recognize that it was connected to a car, and thus no charging.

Probably needs a dealer, since the diode is (apparently) in the Charger (behind the LEAF's back seat).

Best to have expensive things powered Off, AND disconnected, when the power goes off, and ESPECIALLY when the power comes back ON.

Hi Gary,I tend t agree with you..dealer could not resolve after car there all day..getting nissen tech from so cal tommorrow...I am driving loaner car...will let know...kpc

after dealer got advisor II computer fixed,rebooting car (12 volt battery disconnect)checking grds and assorted fuses and finding nothing wrong,ended up replacing entire charger unit.Car is now charging normally,but I have no idea of what failed in charger...kpc

Back