dusty2050
Delivery Date: 10 May 2012
Leaf Number: 019113

Re: Early Capacity Losses-Was(Lost a bar...down to 11)

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Boy I really feel sorry for the unsupecting new owners who purchase a Leaf from a dealer. Either Nissan is not telling the dealers that the cars cannot stand the heat or they do not care!!! Here is a perfect example of a local Oklahoma dealership. They have 6 brand new Leafs on their lot not only baking in the 100 plus degrees in Oklahoma but with 11 or more bars of battery charge!!!! The Leafs could sit on the lot for weeks totally going against the owners manual as well!!!

The buyer of those cars will not realise it but could loose a capacity bar within only a few months depending how long they sit in the sun and have that very high state of charge....

Herm
Delivery Date: 29 Aug 2012

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:49 pm

I say we go for 3000 posts

Stoaty
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 pm

I agree with locking this thread and starting out fresh with the summary data Tony posted in the new thread he just started. The important information is in the Wiki. Feel free to add, correct or update information there. I did quite a bit of work on it today. Much easier to look at that up to date info than to read through thousands of posts.
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet

thankyouOB
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:16 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:Perfect example why this thread should be closed and the dis ussion taken in a new dire tion. He has actually mentioned his pack replacement about a dozen times in this and other related threads
thankyouOB wrote:
Gonewild wrote:

I had my Battey pack changed in Nov after going through a hot summer. And only the first AC software update I believe.
is this news to just me???

what did it cost?
i am a regular reader and certainly Tony Perry is too.
why do you think we are surprised at this news?
i dont recall seeing it discussed before.
may reserve/delivery 4/30/11
--
ECOtality/LADWP/ Blink 4/4/11
--
Gardena Nissan, msrp -1k
red SL with etec L3
SOLAR POWERED since 2008

TonyWilliams

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:45 pm

I started this thread as a "page 2" to discuss issues specifically pertaining to the battery degradation and range/autonomy issues:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 20#p220120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GeekEV wrote:More information transparency is always a good thing, but I just don't see that happening from any corporation really. Speaking of information transparency, 250+ pages is a bit much. I'd like to keep up on what's happening, but the thread is moving too fast and wanders too much. You can't tell when something significant happens from the thread title. Can one of the key regulars involved in this issue start a separate summary thread that the rest of us mere mortals can keep up with? I'm tempted to start one myself, but I don't want to misrepresent anything as I'm not having the issue myself. I appreciate the need for dialog and discussion, but the signal-to-noise ratio is just too low...
Last edited by TonyWilliams on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:50 pm

thankyouOB wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:Perfect example why this thread should be closed and the dis ussion taken in a new dire tion. He has actually mentioned his pack replacement about a dozen times in this and other related threads
thankyouOB wrote:
I think the last time GoneWild mentioned about his battery replacement Nissan did for him on this thread, he ended up deleting his post (don't know why) until he mentioned it again this time.

turbo2ltr
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 185

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm too lazy to quote people. Two things. TickTock has awesome data. But also remember he ALWAYS had some weird problem with his pack since he bought it, so I would be cautious to apply things going on with his car to everyone else's.

The other thing is I still have the original firmware and went through last summer no problem. I have one of the lowest VINs in the list. I'm sorry but this is not a software bug.
Silver SL-e
Ford F450 Crew Cab Hybrid Conversion

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:45 am

thankyouOB wrote:
thankyouOB wrote:
Perhaps this thread should be closed and new ones should be started to discuss/report on various aspects? It might be good to have separate threads for reports w/no discussion allowed (to keep them clean) and discussion in another. I could see the discussion thread(s) eventually getting pretty long though.

It also might be worthwhile to get some noteworthy posts/threads archived at http://archive.org/web/web.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, in case someone decides to edit/delete them, for some reason.

Who is Tony Perry?

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

TonyWilliams

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:47 am

cwerdna wrote:Perhaps this thread should be closed and new ones should be started to discuss/report on various aspects?
There's so much chatter here, that you passed right over my post above !!!! I started a thread as a "page 2" to discuss issues specifically pertaining to the battery degradation and range/autonomy issues:

Click here for the Summary

ttweed
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1317

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:03 am

TonyWilliams wrote:Click here for the Summary
Thanks for attempting to consolidate this 261-page thread, Tony--it's getting a little ponderous to follow actual developments with this capacity issue unless you are seriously passionate about it. Hopefully, your summary thread and the Wiki can keep us up to date without having to spend the time wading through all these posts. I just don't have the time to go page by page and separate the wheat from the chaff at this point.

TT
Tom Tweed
La Jolla, CA
Plowshare Media
2011 SLe #1317 del. 4/1/11
1st bar lost at 31,953 miles
2nd bar lost at 38,685 miles
3rd bar lost at 50,711 miles
4th bar lost at 59,758 miles after 64 months
Battery replaced at 61,307 miles.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”