Door trim broken - both sides

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Just when I didn't need anything more to be disenchanted with...the door trim capping the rear doors - both sides are broken at the leading edge. Sigh. First picture is on the left. Second is on the right. I've really been trying to keep my car factory fresh, so these are a real eyesore for me now I know the damage is there!

Attachments

• Img_6743.jpg
    Img_6743.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 312
  • Img_6744.jpg
    Img_6744.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 312
Have you taken it back to the dealership? Maybe a QC (quality control - not quick charge) issue with the manufacturing of those plastic pieces. I don't really see it being feasible that those can hit against anything, seeing as how the door edge itself would be the first thing to make contact with a wall.

Do you ever go thru a carwash? Is it an aerodynamic cavitation effect eating at it? That is strange and I'm with you keeping my Leaf as factory fresh as I can. That makes parking tough but worth it to me.

I washed and waxed my Leaf yesterday evening and I looked closely at the trim. No damage on mine. Mine was even messed up by hail damage recently. I don't see any mention of the trim being replaced in the invoice from the body shop. So I'd say it survived that too. Beats me as to why yours is like that. Was it possible it was like that when you bought it?

It looks from the pictures that you might get water inside the trim during a rainstorm. Since that might be able to start some rusting at some point, I'd push on the dealer as a warrantable defect.

Mine are fine also, Mike. Sorry to hear of more dings to your pride and joy.

Has your wife been anywhere near the car with that murderous purse of hers?

Back