LEAF Recall Service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ghtrider

A friend of mine who works at the dealership where I bought my LEAF called to ask why I had not brought the car in for the two recalls out on it. I had not received any notifications of those recalls until my friend called me.

I took the car in this week and the following procedures were performed (at no charge, of course):

P1270 LEAF VCM Reprogram

P2501 LEAF Lower Apron

The tech who did the work was not around when I picked up the car, and the service manager had no idea what specific issues the recalls were about. If you have not received notice of any recalls, you should call your dealer to ask about them. I also feel sure that we will get replies to this post telling everyone what this is all about.

Both are covered in great detail elsewhere on the forum...

N1ghtrider said:
A friend of mine who works at the dealership where I bought my LEAF called to ask why I had not brought the car in for the two recalls out on it. I had not received any notifications of those recalls until my friend called me.

I took the car in this week and the following procedures were performed (at no charge, of course):

P1270 LEAF VCM Reprogram

P2501 LEAF Lower Apron

The tech who did the work was not around when I picked up the car, and the service manager had no idea what specific issues the recalls were about. If you have not received notice of any recalls, you should call your dealer to ask about them. I also feel sure that we will get replies to this post telling everyone what this is all about.

i received both email and snail mail. to be honest with ya, i almost tossed both because they kinda looked unimportant...but that is me. snail mail i am not expecting generally gets tossed without opening. it has only bit me a few times but nothing in several years so i will continue to take my chances

Neither of these are "recalls". They are simply suggested updates that Nissan is willing to do free of charge.

The VCM program update makes some minor modifications to the car’s software:

“Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P." The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems. "

The addition of the apron is only valuable in cold weather areas, and is not particularly important for cars in South Florida:

"The lower-apron bracket is a feature added for vehicles used in cold weather areas to prevent the possibility of snow and ice entering and accumulating in the motor compartment."

I may get the VCM update when I take my car in for the tire rotation in a few months. I'm not going to bother with the addition of the apron. Neither of these were important enough for me to make an extra trip to the dealer.

Weatherman said:
Neither of these are "recalls". They are simply suggested updates that Nissan is willing to do free of charge.

Thanks for the clarification, Weatherman. I was just repeating the terminology ("recall") used by my friend who manages the service advisors at Maroone Nissan. That got my attention enough to bring the car is (especially since there was another warranty repair I wanted to have performed, on the windshield washer squirter, addressed in another post).

I probably won't bother with either of these service campaigns. My Leaf works just fine, so it can't get any better, but something could get screwed up :eek:

Ya.one of then did nothing but created a beeping sound every time the car was on and the door was open. Before I could show some one the dash and talk without that anything sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back