Low battery notifications

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarnelKelis

I was wondering if the 2020 Leaf has any sort of low battery notification. I haven’t let it get that low yet, so I wouldn’t know. However, my friend has a Tesla, and when his battery gets low, it beeps at him and shows him all the nearby charging stations. Does the 2020 Leaf have this feature, and if so, how low does it have to get before receiving the notification? I would hate for it to get low on a long road trip and I not notice.

MarnelKelis said:
I was wondering if the 2020 Leaf has any sort of low battery notification. I haven’t let it get that low yet, so I wouldn’t know. However, my friend has a Tesla, and when his battery gets low, it beeps at him and shows him all the nearby charging stations. Does the 2020 Leaf have this feature, and if so, how low does it have to get before receiving the notification? I would hate for it to get low on a long road trip and I not notice.

At around 6%, you get a dash warning, warning lights, etc. A message on the console will show your remaining range and give you an option to search for nearby charging stations. You get the same warning as you near 2%, 1%, 0%, etc. After 0%, you have about 20-30 miles of hidden reserve range if you drive economically. Once you go through the hidden reserve, you hit turtle mode with a major power reduction. At that point, you might have about 1 or 2 miles of range left if you drive slow. After turtle mode, it hits complete shutdown, you are dead in the water at that point, but on land, not water. :lol:

My 2019 SL Plus gives the low battery warning on the dash in front of the steering wheel at 6% SOC and distance remainin numbers start to flash--nothing on the navigation screen. At 2% SOC, the distance remaining goes to --- (what we called very low battery warning on the earlier LEAFs). At about 1% SOC, the % SOC display goes to ---% (I consider this extremely low battery warning). Power limited (Turtle) mode is next, followed shortly after by shutdown.

Back