Highest GOM on a 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, the OP is talking about a 2013. It doesn't go nearly as high now. When I had 6.0 m/kW h on the old one, the GOM would show close to 130 miles. Now, that same 6.0 will only show less than 110. I've yet to see anything higher than 108. The DTE for me is extremely accurate now while driving.

there is a reason why its called a GOM. I average probably 110-118 in eco on the GOM. but I spent a week at my Sisters house (she lives across town on "high" ground) and GOM never registered above 94.

that was last week. This morning? GOM 113...

DaveinOlyWA said:
there is a reason why its called a GOM. I average probably 110-118 in eco on the GOM. but I spent a week at my Sisters house (she lives across town on "high" ground) and GOM never registered above 94.

Mine tends to be all over the place... usually more pessimistic (which Nissan said was normal) than optimistic. I'd rather it be pessimistic so don't 'overextend' yourself and wind up needing a charge.

sorphin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Mine tends to be all over the place... usually more pessimistic (which Nissan said was normal) than optimistic. I'd rather it be pessimistic so don't 'overextend' yourself and wind up needing a charge.

oh ya, well I have a GID meter which I use for any range calculations

DaveinOlyWA said:
sorphin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

oh ya, well I have a GID meter which I use for any range calculations

I use LeafBattery and my phone if i'm really that concerned about it.

LEAFfan said:
Tom, the OP is talking about a 2013. It doesn't go nearly as high now. When I had 6.0 m/kW h on the old one, the GOM would show close to 130 miles. Now, that same 6.0 will only show less than 110. I've yet to see anything higher than 108. The DTE for me is extremely accurate now while driving.

So, are you saying that the GOM is a better proxy now than the 2011-12? That would be nice. I am a new owner of a 2013 for 1 week, and am getting used to the range stuff. So far, I drive so consistently, it seems to be pretty accurate.

apvbguy said:
after charging to 100% today the GOM said 125, no A/C on and in eco mode.

I've never turned off Eco mode and likely never will. :) and if you precool, prob won't need AC.. it's bene high 80s here in STL lately.. I get away with just using 'ventilate' most of the time.

My 2013 SV GOM at 100% battery has never read higher than 114 miles. Usually at 100% battery it reads 104-108, pretty consistently. Compared with other reports it seems mine is a bit more accurate than 2011 or 2012 models. But there is lots of room for improvement, with better software - such as, GOM remembering your typical driving experience and using that as a basis for moderating the starting mileage reading. But it's impossible for it to see the future so I guess it's okay now that I know what to expect.
What bugs me is that it goes down so fast - as opposed to my Honda Pilot, in which the gas gage doesn't move off of "full" until 40 miles or so - nice if Leaf had that feature!

It will never be accurate for me, period. I'm downhill all the way outbound and uphill all the way inbound. That makes it virtually impossible for any DTE to come close unless and until they take in to account elevation change and project it ahead of the route. I still consider the GOM essentially worthless on any Leaf.

LEAFfan said:

20130610_142520_zpsdcf73530.jpg

Back