OakLeaf wrote:Would like to regain the remote climate control ability in our 2012 SL, but since seeing the troubles folks are having after the TCU replacement, I'm a bit hesitant to do so.
I would not consider it a good trade to regain the remote features at the expense of a random dead 12v battery and the need to do fuse pulls and resets.
To summarize what I've read so far in this thread:
* It's an unlucky few who have this problem - the majority that have the TCU replaced have no issues.
* The cause of this problem is that the new TCU remains on and does not return to the standby state, thereby draining the 12V battery.
* The TCU gets stuck on for a variety of possible reasons, but there is no complete consensus yet.
* The problem exists in both the earlier 11/12 model years as well as the 13/14/15 model years.
* Those that have issues have a variety of work-arounds, but there is no solution forthcoming from Nissan.
Please correct me if I'm missing something here...
No, it depends on how the TCU is used. In my case, I only use it to update charging stations and have not had any problemsIt's an unlucky few who have this problem - the majority that have the TCU replaced have no issues.
in about a year.