VirginiaBurbs
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2018

Re: Nissan Connect EV (Carwings) having problems?

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:15 am

Problems for me just with battery readout and being able to start heater. App still reads things like recent trip data ... seems very odd that trip data is being uploaded, and then read by the app, but no battery info.

VirginiaBurbs
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2018

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:47 am

gillianj59 wrote::roll: Tweet from Nissan
Hi, recently, we made a changes to website & APP protocols that caused unexpected disruption in access to the EV APP and intermittent login failures. We are currently working on resolving this and want to apologise to our customers for any inconvenience. ^AL
Has this been fixed? I have not had any problems with the app until this week. My Leaf (2015 SL) was off for three weeks. I understand that a "14 day off" feature is triggered when this happens. I returned last week, drove the Leaf on each day since.

The App (version 6.3.3) which has been working perfectly, has several sections: the part that reports the battery charge level and status; the part that manages turning on and off climate when the vehicle is plugged in; and the part that reports daily driving stats.

Since I returned, the daily driving stats have been updating just fine. I can see the number of trips each day, the distance, the KWh used, etc. However, I cannot access battery charge level, tell if it is charging or not, or turn on the climate controls.

I have confirmed that the TCU is communicating. First, the voice tells me when it is 'connecting to center.' It also updates charging locations, and is able to receive destinations sent from Google Maps. It also reports to the 'center' my trip information, which is accurately displayed in the app. So I have reliable communication with the TCU.

It is just the battery status information, and the climate control capability, which is not working.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the (Android Ap); no change.

Any ideas?

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:00 pm

I did not receive the charge complete notification this morning and was not able to start climate control or check status (first problem since modem replacement). I was unable to log in and error message came back quickly implying car was in weak cellular area. I suspected server issues so did not make any changes. I just tried now and was able to log in without delay. Status update came back followed by email notification so their servers are working again.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL+ purchased 8/10/2019

LurchOR
Delivery Date: 06 Jan 2019

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 am

VirginiaBurbs wrote:
gillianj59 wrote::roll: Tweet from Nissan
Hi, recently, we made a changes to website & APP protocols that caused unexpected disruption in access to the EV APP and intermittent login failures. We are currently working on resolving this and want to apologise to our customers for any inconvenience. ^AL
Has this been fixed? I have not had any problems with the app until this week. My Leaf (2015 SL) was off for three weeks. I understand that a "14 day off" feature is triggered when this happens. I returned last week, drove the Leaf on each day since.

The App (version 6.3.3) which has been working perfectly, has several sections: the part that reports the battery charge level and status; the part that manages turning on and off climate when the vehicle is plugged in; and the part that reports daily driving stats.

Since I returned, the daily driving stats have been updating just fine. I can see the number of trips each day, the distance, the KWh used, etc. However, I cannot access battery charge level, tell if it is charging or not, or turn on the climate controls.

I have confirmed that the TCU is communicating. First, the voice tells me when it is 'connecting to center.' It also updates charging locations, and is able to receive destinations sent from Google Maps. It also reports to the 'center' my trip information, which is accurately displayed in the app. So I have reliable communication with the TCU.

It is just the battery status information, and the climate control capability, which is not working.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the (Android Ap); no change.

Any ideas?
VirginiaBurbs - I've got the exact same symptoms:

Car transmits all the relevant data back to Nissan...daily driving metrics, etc.
Sends a "Charge complete" text...only other texts relate to communication failure when I try sending a command.
Doesn't respond to any queries or climate control commands...no receive function apparently.

I'm going to try pulling F34 today to see what happens.
Mystic Silver 2015 SL

BeachLeaf
Delivery Date: 23 Jan 2019
Leaf Number: 312709

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am

Hi all, I had my first communication issue today since TCU replacement about a month ago. After calling in to EV services and going through the login and logout and update stations procedures, we were successful in regaining communications. Customer rep said if lack of communications continues then the vehicle may need to go into Nissan for further diagnosis.

Thanks,

Mark
* 2015 Leaf Cayenne Red SL
*Chrome Amber Signal Bulbs
*6K LED License Lamps
*6K LED Reverse Lamps
*6K LED Fog Lamps
*Strobing 3rd Brake Light
*Fiam Freeway Blaster Dual Tone Horns
*Brushed Stainless Front Nissan Mini Novelty Plate

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”