Carwings / Status - when does it start working ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

I signed in to carwings successfully at the dealer. On the leaf owner page there has been no update from the car - just shows 0% charge etc.

When does the car status start showing ?

update : I'm not talking about the history and such - just the status of charge etc.

ENIAC said:
Mine did the same thing until I disabled the Bluetooth association with my phone. Then Carwings started working.

Ah, another person with the bluetooth conflict! Just as information, what type of phone do you have? And did posting my own problem and it's eventual resolution help you figure out what the issue was for you?

What I'm doing these days, is leaving my phone turned off until I've been in the car for a few minutes. That gives Carwings time to do it's thing. I would eventually like to get a new phone though.

mwalsh said:
What I'm doing these days, is leaving my phone turned off until I've been in the car for a few minutes. That gives Carwings time to do it's thing. I would eventually like to get a new phone though.
So, carwings doesn't talk to motherstation until you switch on the car ?

I did pair my phone last night (few hours after my drive home) - but didn't have with me this morning when I was checking out the carwings/charging. I sent the username/pwd again - leaf showed "authenticating" etc. So, it seems to be connecting to the server. But my carwings page on the web shows "last updated Jan 13". But it knows I've activated it since it now allows me to go the ratings page etc. So, looks like "connected" but no data flowing ...

evnow said:

I did pair my phone last night (few hours after my drive home) - but didn't have with me this morning when I was checking out the carwings/charging. I sent the username/pwd again - leaf showed "authenticating" etc. So, it seems to be connecting to the server. But my carwings page on the web shows "last updated Jan 13". But it knows I've activated it since it now allows me to go the ratings page etc. So, looks like "connected" but no data flowing ...

Correct...car has to be on.

mine does not have to be on to refresh status. when u refresh (new log in does not automatically do that) status you r verifying time stamp to be current?

other than that, it probably takes a few days for Carwings to get new IDs in the system. not sure why but there is a definite lag sometimes

mwalsh said:
evnow said:

Correct...car has to be on.

I would have to disagree. I have logged CAN messages when the car was off and I've pinged it from the portal. The car will wake up (you'll hear relays click) and the can bus becomes active for a minute or two.

I will say that the owners portal does not automatically refresh for me. Every time I log in, it shows the data from the last time I logged in. I have to hit refresh to get the current data.

Carwings data itself can take a few days to show up, and you must hit agree on the NAV every trip or that trip will not get uploaded. Hitting any other button to clear the agreement page is the same as hitting decline.

turbo2ltr said:
I would have to disagree.

No, you guys are misunderstand the discussion. We're talking about the Carwings data (trips, rankings, etc....) - that stuff definitely does not upload unless the car is on (though it may in accessory position 2 - the one with the center stack on).

mwalsh said:
turbo2ltr said:

No, you guys are misunderstand the discussion. We're talking about the Carwings data (trips, rankings, etc....) - that stuff definitely does not upload unless the car is on (though it may in accessory position 2 - the one with the center stack on).

so exactly how are we supposed to know that??

I signed in to carwings successfully at the dealer. On the leaf owner page there has been no update from the car - just shows 0% charge etc.

When does the car status start showing ?

that is the OP. carwings DOES NOT show charge status unless requested and then it only does so indirectly. u must be in car status before Carwings to see charge level, set timers etc

keep in mind. refreshing car status to update time stamp "seems" to allow Carwings to work in a more timely manner. leastways it appears to do so for me. i can drive in morning and see carwings stats that afternoon, but i refresh status nearly every day as well

mwalsh said:
turbo2ltr said:

Actually, I'm using carwings in the broadest sense - including status etc (which I consider part of carwings - the telematics system that connects car to Nissan's servers).

The site is simply not communicating with the car - it doesn't refresh when I hit refresh. As I said, it shows "vehicle status updated January 13, 2011 at 10:25 AM".

I don't think my carwings is working.

Dave, what was the problem you had ? Wasn't it similar to this ?

DaveinOlyWA said:
Try manually logging out of site then manually logging back in.
You mean the Nissan owner's site on the web ?

In my case I've to login everytime. It doesn't store the pwd.

BTW, I didn't get any charging emails either.

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Sounds like u need to escalate to carwings. On mine they registered the wrong VIN. So I missed the first two weeks
Is there a separate number ?

yes, but that number is not directly accessible by you. it has to be escalated from tier 3 Nissan tech support. they will file a report if they cannot fix it and you will be assigned a Carwings Tech to help u get it fixed. it most likely requires them to wipe out your account and restart a new one

DaveinOlyWA said:
yes, but that number is not directly accessible by you. it has to be escalated from tier 3 Nissan tech support. they will file a report if they cannot fix it and you will be assigned a Carwings Tech to help u get it fixed. it most likely requires them to wipe out your account and restart a new one
So I just call the usual Leaf support ?

evnow, you should be able to access the status of your LEAF almost from the moment you enter user name and pwd on the screen in the car. I used my smartphone to log onto owner's portal twenty or thirty minutes after I entered the un and pwd, and I got SOC and charging status. If I had to guess, Dave is right. Problem with your account.

Trip data didn't show up for a couple of days, but you may be able to speed that up by forcing your car to talk to momma; things like asking the navigation map to update, or whatever. You also get to select when the car sends data to Carwings; I have it do so each time the car is started. I'd rather have it update each time the car is shut off, but that isn't an option. Other options are every 30 minutes, every hour, etc.

I now see updated trip info within minutes. Incidentally, the center screen will tell you when it is communicating; it says "connecting", and then "downloading". Even though it is actually uploading data to momma.

-Karl

garygid said:
In the owner's web portal, you can ADD a vehicle, and enter a (correct) VIN yourself. Does that help?
The VIN in owners portal is correct. What Dave is saying is that in the carwings server they may not have configured correctly.

Back