100 KW Chademo - More and More coming online

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean 100 kW? 100 kWh CHAdeMO doesn't make sense. Would be pretty bad if a DC charger stopped working after dispensing 100 kWh.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Any board members know of any 100 kWh Chademos in the US? I know there are a growing number in Japan.
There are a few in California, all EVGO. If you download the app Chargeway you can filter by charging speed to see where they are.

It looks like DRIVETHEARC is putting in 100KW chargers.

https://www.autoconnectedcar.com/2019/06/electric-vehicle-ev-news-today-free-charging-nio-xpengvw-stats/

Free Chademo.

“Given the tremendous driver response to the 2019 long-range all-electric LEAF, Nissan and EVgo will accelerate fast charging by committing to a multi-year charger construction program that will continues to expand fast-charging options for EV drivers across the country”

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/08/06/nissan-evgo-redouble-efforts-to-expand-fast-charging-with-200-new-stations-planned/

DougWantsALeaf said:
It looks like EVGO is looking to be the "other" competitor in the quickly growing non-Tesla QC market.

We need more chargers.

We have visited two of the last three B.C. hydro sites that went operational in the last couple weeks. Both were 100 kw units according to the hydro guy we talked to. But there were no actual markings we could decipher on the units themselves. Between BC and Alberta there have been another dozen “coming soon” sites show up on plug share. By this time next year BC and Alberta will have some serious Chademo/CCS coverage.

BC and Southwestern Alberta will anyways. Getting out of Edmonton in a pre-2018 Leaf is still going to require driving well below the speed limit and/or spending hours at L2 chargers. My Outback will continue to be used for all road trips for the foreseeable future.

cwerdna said:
You mean kW?

Why you always grilling folks posts over one letter? No, I meant kWh as per Nissan's posted marketing.

1AB8psV.png

umdkevin said:
Why you always grilling folks posts over one letter? No, I meant kWh as per Nissan's posted marketing.
No, you meant 100kW. Just because Nissan's marketing material has a glaring error, doesn't mean you should, too.

Looking at the EVGO map, it does look like you can go from Chicago east completely on their network (with a 200 mile range). Now hopefully they will connect Chicago with Denver and Denver with the West coast.

Back