CARWINGS ENABLED ON DASHBOARD TODAY - YEAH!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Carwings was enabled today and had an actual VIN number for my April delivery. The delivery date still says "Month of April", but I expect it will change soon to an actual date.

I just checked my dashboard and low and behold-My Carwings is enabled too :p

I guess since my dashboard still says April (since 3 weeks or more ago), I'll get the car in a matter of weeks.

Question to Those Whom Already Have Their Leafs: How soon after Carwings enabled did you get your Leaf?

I've looked around a various threads and can't find any correlation. Also, I didn't get an email from Nissan or my dealer that Carwings was enabled.

My advice to those waiting for April-check your dashboards everyday :mrgreen:

mwalsh said:
gasmiser1 said:
Question to Those Whom Already Have Their Leafs: How soon after Carwings enabled did you get your Leaf?

2 weeks, 2 days. But the holiday season might have gotten in the way some. Carwings went active on 12/20 and I took delivery on 1/5.

but what did your "Week of X" said?

gasmiser1 said:
In the second wave of deliveries ... about 4 weeks (see my signature below).

My car wings goes active today too and there was an email titled "Nissan LEAF: Delivery timing update".

BUT, still showing month of April for delivery. I was hoping better information than that!

Bassman said:
Carwings was enabled today and had an actual VIN number for my April delivery. The delivery date still says "Month of April", but I expect it will change soon to an actual date.

Where on the dashboard do you see your VIN#? My Carwings opened today also. Still "Month of April".

Me too. I also got the "Nissan Leaf:Delivery Timing Update" email; no change there. This is going to be one long month! :roll:

sdbonez said:
same here. still month of april. getting auth problems when trying to enable carwings, though.

My Carwings was activated about 4 weeks prior to delivery ("about" because the delivery date is still fluid: 'Week Of March 31' became 'WO March 25' became 'WO April 1' today -- they seem sure it will be a Friday, just not which one).

EricH said:
sdbonez said:
same here. still month of april. getting auth problems when trying to enable carwings, though.

My Carwings was activated about 4 weeks prior to delivery ("about" because the delivery date is still fluid: 'Week Of March 31' became 'WO March 25' became 'WO April 1' today -- they seem sure it will be a Friday, just not which one).

I think enabling Carwings is Nissan's version of when traveling with young kids in the car and they ask "Are we there yet?" and the adults say "Five more minutes." Knowing the kid doesn't have a clue about time, and the next time they ask they get another five minute update. :shock: We get another date to see with no clue as to when our Leaf will actually arrive :cry:

Carlos said:
Lopton said:
If you are having problems with Carwings, try this direct link for logging in to the Nissan Owners Portal (https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login) worked for me

-Matt

Thanks Matt,

I was able to access and register for my Carwings Account.

I now have a VIN :D But no delivery date :( other than Month of April :) so its all cool :ugeek:

same here, thanks, Matt.

Earlier I read that the 3-year clock starts ticking when Carwings is enabled. Given that, wouldn't people want to delay activating Carwings?

My Carwings can be enabled but I haven't done it yet.

greenleaf said:
Earlier I read that the 3-year clock starts ticking when Carwings is enabled. Given that, wouldn't people want to delay activating Carwings?

Anyone can feel free to correct me, but I don't think the clock starts ticking until you sign into Carwings for the first time while in the car.

mwalsh said:
greenleaf said:

Anyone can feel free to correct me, but I don't think the clock starts ticking until you sign into Carwings for the first time while in the car.
Is there a "expiry date" in Carwings that you can check? If so, it would be easy to verify when the clock actually started ticking.

Back