Carwings asking "accept" or "decline" every time I start Lea

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrovetom

Has anyone experienced upon starting the Leaf, on the navigation screen, to accept or decline - over and over. I would expect to be asked once and upon accepting, it would never do it again. I'm afraid to decline for fear of creating a problem so I just keep accepting over and over. Its getting old and clearly is not something one should do every time you start the car. Anybody experience this and or know how to stop it from doing this?

The dealer said it would go away as the Carwings server was down but that was days ago.

Help!

Tom

i wonder if i skip it, that it will not log carwings data? i have a major discrepancy on the mileage logged for the other day, plus small ones EVERY day

DaveinOlyWA said:
i wonder if i skip it, that it will not log carwings data? i have a major discrepancy on the mileage logged for the other day, plus small ones EVERY day
Yes if you take the time to READ THE MESSAGE. :lol: It say data will not be collected.

I agree, that is most annoying and dumb. I've asked them to change it, particularly since it can't send anything if you don't put in your username and pin. If you sell the car, clear those out! There's a thread I started a while back with the email address for Nissan EV support. I encourage EVERYONE to write them and ask them to change this. I'd find the link for you, but I'm mobile at the moment and that's too much work. :)

Yes, this makes little sense. But doesn't annoy me as much as it apparently annoys others. Afterall I press a lot of things everyday (fm/xm stations, energy screens, USB tracks etc etc) - so just two more "clicks" per day.

My BMW doesn't but my Acura does. Also, neither of those vehicles inhibit any functions when the car is moving, unlike Nissan.

GeekEV said:
I'm not sure about Nissan (this is my first), but I have seen it in other vehicles.

My Prius does function lock out when moving and the disclaimer on the map function but it automatically goes away after a few seconds

Here's hoping someone hacks it.

I don't care if it's hacked into a "Never, don't ask ever again" position or just always on, I hate redundant nag screens.

Is there no timeout at all, even after you are moving?

Can you see the backup screen?
If not, that is a safety hazzard.

No maps, no nav, no Low Battery warning if the accept/reject scree is still there?

garygid said:

Its not a safety hazard. Using the screen for backing up is a safety hazard. In my view it is only good for seeing objects that are close up and near the ground, otherwise you should be looking out the back and side windows while your are backing up.

garygid said:

You can see the backup screen. I'ven't experimented to say anything about others.

My normal routine is to reverse the car and then accept the message.

As I said, this is a very small irritant compared to other problems - like car wings data being wrong.

palmermd said:
Using the screen for backing up is a safety hazard. In my view it is only good for seeing objects that are close up and near the ground, otherwise you should be looking out the back and side windows while your are backing up.
One has to learn how to use the backup camera. Just like we shouldn't use the rearview mirror alone when backing.

The camera is very good in giving info about things that are visible otherwise. It is also very good when trying to reverse close to other cars etc.

evnow said:
palmermd said:
Using the screen for backing up is a safety hazard. In my view it is only good for seeing objects that are close up and near the ground, otherwise you should be looking out the back and side windows while your are backing up.
One has to learn how to use the backup camera. Just like we shouldn't use the rearview mirror alone when backing.

The camera is very good in giving info about things that are visible otherwise. It is also very good when trying to reverse close to other cars etc.

I agree. It is a great tool, and you need to learn when and how to use it. My point was that not having the screen is not a safety hazard.

garygid said:

No maps, no nav, no Low Battery warning if the accept/reject scree is still there?
All other screens continue to work as normal if you do nothing. It just keeps coming back to it when there's nothing else to show. It seems to default to "decline" if you ignore it.

palmermd said:
evnow said:
palmermd said:

I agree. It is a great tool, and you need to learn when and how to use it. My point was that not having the screen is not a safety hazard.

I know 3 people who accidentally ran over their pets while backing up because the pet was in the cars blindspot. If you have small children around the result would be horrific. You don't need to use the camera as your only means of backing up. A quick look will tell you if something is there that otherwise wasn't readily visible. I know that with in my wifes Prius backing up in a parking lot were people don't hear the car or seem to be paying attention the backup camera has been far more helpful than hindrance (espcially when you are parked next to a Ford Exploder or a Chevy Gashoe). You will be seeing this as a requirement on all new cars in a few years.

I aologize for being off topic in this thread.
There is already a thread started with the backup camera and proximity type sensors topic of discussion:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2799

Well just so ya know. I just got off the phone with a CS who told me it should only ask you to agree once more after you set up carwings. Another fula bulla CS?

rawhog said:
Well just so ya know. I just got off the phone with a CS who told me it should only ask you to agree once more after you set up carwings. Another fula bulla CS?

Nissan CS= uninformed, wrong, made up, or plain BS. If you have a LEAF question ask it here.

Back