godlessjarhead
Delivery Date: 17 Jul 2019
Leaf Number: 315242

Re: When to charge?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Nubo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:10 pm
Where is this "80 MPH or die" freeway? Heat is probably the biggest factor in the battery's longevity.

20% is fine and probably better sitting there for the weekend instead of 100%, but weigh that agains the utility of having the car ready-to-go if needed. I think people worry too much about this issue and have shell-shock from the awful batteries Nissan put out the first few years. I keep my 2015 topped off at 100% most of the time and it's doing pretty well.
This commute is in and around Reno NV. Ironically, this is the home of the Tesla Gigafactory. The irony is the roadway mayhem, pollution, and lack of transportation options for the 6,000 or so people out there. The same old roads remain, and law enforcement was not increased. People with bad driving habits moved from all over the country to be a part of the future (Tesla). I finished my Master's in Sustainability Management while working there, specifically looking at the greenhouse gas produced by people building zero-emission cars. The usual flow is about 80-85 until someone wipes out, then I just use the e-pedal. Snow days are even better, because they still think they can drive fast. This will be my first winter with the Leaf, but I will use my ICE Lexus if it's really slick. I wonder why Nissan didn't use the rear electric motors like the Cube had for a version of an AWD Leaf.

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”