Did some research on What the LeafStat says, what the On-board GOM says, what Carwings says, and the real beef - The utility meter says
Goal: Determine the real usage that I pay for on my bill that is attributable to the Leaf and its Charging equipment.
Problem: Had about 300 kwh unaccounted between Carwings (and spreadsheet) from my Utility bill typical usage for Feb 2015 and past Febuary's
Solution #1: Test the charging equipment at the utility meter in a timed isolated fashion and see what impacts before and after the designed test. The test was to measure 1 kWh at the meter solely attributable to the AV EVSE-RS on 2 hot wires that are at 122.7 volts as I type this post test message. Before the test take measurements of Leaf both GOM, and Carwings, and LeafStat/OBDII wifi.
Start Points (max GIDs is 292):
House base watts with only small fixed usage device on = 84 watts
Meter reading kWh 29,159
Reported Air Temp = 50F
GOM = 76 miles
GIDS = 199
LeafStat kWh = 15.42
SOC = 69.69
SOH = 97.14
HX = 98.77
Ahr = 64.36
1. Turned off all circuit breakers down to a whole house wattage of 84 watts
2. Took the readings above
3. Turned on the kill switch to the EVSE and then plugged to car - not charging. Measured standby at 2-3 watts
4. Started Cell phone timer when charging was initiated on EVSE and light when on.
5. Observed wattage on internal CurrentCost house wattage meter at 5,590 watts
6. Stood outside the house at the ComEd utility meter and waited for the kWh to jump to 29160 - at 3 min 1 sec it did - hit lap on phone timer now in 1 kWh hour test.
7. Estimated 1 kWh at 9 min 9 seconds for a true 6,600 watts that are specified on the unit. True time was 9 min 4 sec - approx give or take 2 seconds.
8. ran over to the car 20 seconds later and stopped the charger and pulled the kill switch to off.
9. Took post test measurements as follows:
Stop Points :
Meter reading kWh 29,161 Delta of 1 kWh plus 3 min and 4 seconds (kWh Usage to be extrapolated)
Reported Air Temp = 50F
GOM = 82 (Delta: 82-76 = 6 miles)
GIDS = 215 (Delta: 215-199 = 16 GIDS)
LeafStat kWh = 19.66 (Delta: 19.66-15.42 = 4.24 kWh)
SOC = 74.58 (Delta: 74.58-69.69 = 4.89%)
SOH = 97.14 Delta=None
HX = 98.77 Delta=None
Ahr = 64.36 Delta=None
BattTemp=52.3 (Delta: 52.3-51 = 1.3F)
At house meter watts for the charger from HH:MM:SS: 00:03:04 to 00:12:05 - 00:09:04 computes to:
3,600 / 544 seconds = 6,618 watts total less Base house of 84 watts = net Charge watts = 6,534
Add 3 min 4 second interval charge to the batteries to get a kWh meter start point of 29160:
.334 kWh (6,534 watts * 184 seconds / 3,600 seconds / 1,000 watts)
total charge to Leaf batteries per the House meter = 1.0 + .334 = 1.334 kWh - This is what I paid for!!
What shows up on the post report is:
GIDS LeafStat @ 80 watts each? Delta: 16 * 80 comes to 1.28 kWh
SOC LeafStat Delta 4.89% times 24kw comes to 1.1736 kWh
LeafGOM delta 6 miles for Leaf computer average of 3.5 miles/kWh would be a GOM kWh = 1.71 kWh - (Guess O' watts)
If I throw out the 1.71 and average the first two - I get 1.227 kWh
Actual at the house within reason is 1.334 or higher since it comes on its hardest initially.
Efficiency percentage in this 12 min charge test is: 1.334 - 1.227 = .107 divided by 1.334 = 8% loss or 92% made it to the batteries.
The Threads requirements:
Inception to date: Miles = 1,884 Carwings kWh = 533 Average 3.38 miles/kWh
Average electrical cost per kWh - Time of Use (TOU) customer - Total bill average rate is 0.12 - night time average = 0.08
Carwings Cost per mile is 533 * 0.12 / 1,884 = 3.4 cents per mile - TOU = 2.3 cents
True cost per mile is 533/.92 *.12 / 1,884 = 3.7 cents per mile - TOU = 2.5 cents
2015 Leaf SL - GMSilver - Mfg:11/14 - AV-EVSE-RS 6.6kw - 19,200 miles - 285 gids 95.38% 63.04Ahr - 4.029m/kwh - Data:1/23/16
2006 Honda CNG GX - blue - PZEV - 50 mpg
2001 Honda Odyssey EX Van - green - I rebuilt engine and trans - oily carbon mess!!