Energy Regen Leader

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carwings data is as accurate as the LEAF clock. I could show nothing but almost all regen if desired, the rankings are all very silly like the tree on the dash.

DarkStar said:
jcesare said:
The results are in. On Apil 29 I ranked 9th in the world and #1 in the US for energy regen (6.9 kWh)
Congrats! But seriously, how do you find a commute that is downhill both ways? :lol:

Yes seriously let's hear the play by play and strategy on how you achieved this ranking. Drafting-braking while accelerating- downhill driving????
Share the secret to your success with the rest of us.

EVDRIVER said:
Carwings data is as accurate as the LEAF clock. I could show nothing but almost all regen if desired, the rankings are all very silly like the tree on the dash.
The rankings are fairly silly but as long as they are taken in fun I don't see the harm. I was thinking of making a lighthearted post saying that the US needed to do more Eco Tree growing, Japan is kicking our butt. (And yes I know that they have, or at least had, more cars than us)

I was thinking about how one could 'cheat' though as you mention. Since we have the silly OK/Decline button on every startup, couldn't one decline trips they knew would have a bad performance and only OK the "good" trips? I'm guessing there might be other ways to mess with this, but that's the only one I can think of.

As for accuracy... as long as someone isn't manipulating the system then I'm not sure 'accuracy' matters. I know there have been questions about carwings data (questions about regen being added incorrectly, questions about energy usage being taken from after inverter converts from AC -> DC, instead of the full chain, etc). But since we're all using that same system, then how 'real' the numbers aren't as important. All our equally-bad data means we can still compare them, right?

Carlos said:
Yes seriously let's hear the play by play and strategy on how you achieved this ranking. Drafting-braking while accelerating- downhill driving????
Share the secret to your success with the rest of us.

I'm always in ECO mode. I try to capture all the regen by closely watching the display. I almost never pin the meter toward regen. I do have some hills on the way to work so I make sure I don't end up at the stop signs with the meter pinned. I feather the break downhill and I try to time it just right. I also had a lot of slow and go traffic on the freeway that day.

jcesare said:
The results are in. On Apil 29 I ranked 9th in the world and #1 in the US for energy regen (6.9 kWh)

Congrats! I haven't hit #1 on any of the rankings but I've only been looking at the monthly roll up. I will have to start checking the daily panel, too.

EVDRIVER said:

I find something oddly compelling about the rankings, although I can't quite articulate the appeal. Even though the data isn't accurate and the results can be gamed -- I like the idea of my driving and my car being compared against against other cars world wide. I think this concept, this type of, I dunno, social score card? has legs. The next step is pitting the Leafs against the Focii against the Volts.

Regen can be manipulated.

Simply floor it get up to speed and then brake just enough to seven the max. Do that over and over.

What was your mpk for the same day?.
another thing u can do is a cept xarwings for trip downhill and ignore for trip back up then regen and mpk will be good

Back