Accessories power consumption

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UkrainianKozak

I got few days last week when I drove without ANY accessories turned on (no cellphone/headlights/AC off/music off/ Nav screen off/ no rain, so even wipers were off) total drive time was about 1 hour per day, 40-50 miles each but in Carwings data I see records of 0.3-0.4kW for accessories... It is hard to believe that occasional use of turn signals would consume 300W on average...
So, the question is what draws that much power if everything is off? Or am I missing something?
I see that top 10 people have 0 kW for accessories and at the bottom of top 100 is only 0.2... How do they do that?

I had the same question. The energy screen bargraph for accessories always shows some power and I can't get it to zero no matter what. Don't know how others have zero power here. The only thing I can think of is that some cars have different zeros on the lem hass sensor.

I would assume everything not related to the electric motor and climate control is included in "accessories." Dashboard display, guages, instruments, telemetry, 12v battery recharging, sensors, as well as other systems, are are always on. Remember, this is a computer you can drive.

jcesare said:
I would assume everything not related to the electric motor and climate control is included in "accessories." Dashboard display, guages, instruments, telemetry, 12v battery recharging, sensors, as well as other systems, are are always on. Remember, this is a computer you can drive.

But some people WERE able, according to CARWINGS to get 0, 0.1 and 0.2 kW for accessories somehow...
So, the real question is HOW exactly?

UkrainianKozak said:
But some people WERE able, according to CARWINGS to get 0, 0.1 and 0.2 kW for accessories somehow...
So, the real question is HOW exactly?
Don't believe everything you see in CARWINGS, that data is mostly incorrect or inflated anyway.

try not driving your car a day. I bet carwings will show you at 0 accessory power.

Also remember it is unclear what Nissan considers "accessories" is the brake pump considered in there, is the power steer pump? etc.

-Matt

Lopton said:
try not driving your car a day. I bet carwings will show you at 0 accessory power.

Also remember it is unclear what Nissan considers "accessories" is the brake pump considered in there, is the power steer pump? etc.

-Matt

What??? not driving my Leaf for the whole day???
No way!

Back