ditchner
Delivery Date: 05 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2281

Re: Was on the Final Bar but consumption was only 15.8 kwh

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 am

I think I will get one of those 'Kill-A-Watt" units. Once I get things square with the Leaf I can use it to antagonize my wife. :lol:

Thanks, all, for the help!

wesly

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 pm

ditcher,

Look under "My Driving Style" in CARWINGS for that day, what is your "Electricity consumed by the traction motor" kwh figure? I found this figure is much closer to actual overall electricity consumption. The regenerative number seemed to have already been incorporate into this figure, but CARWINGS is subtracting it from the traction motor kwh to arrive at their unrealistic consumption figure. My accessories kwh figure is usually very low, so it doesn't seem to make much difference if I add it or just leave it out completely. I think the traction motor figure is measuring not just the total amount of electrical energy going to motor (usage) but also coming from the motor (regen).

ditchner
Delivery Date: 05 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2281

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:46 pm

wesly wrote:ditcher,

Look under "My Driving Style" in CARWINGS for that day, what is your "Electricity consumed by the traction motor" kwh figure? I found this figure is much closer to actual overall electricity consumption. The regenerative number seemed to have already been incorporate into this figure, but CARWINGS is subtracting it from the traction motor kwh to arrive at their unrealistic consumption figure. My accessories kwh figure is usually very low, so it doesn't seem to make much difference if I add it or just leave it out completely. I think the traction motor figure is measuring not just the total amount of electrical energy going to motor (usage) but also coming from the motor (regen).
The electricity consumed by the traction motor for that day was 17.4 kwh with 1.8 kwh consumed by accessories. It was raining that day so I was using the windshield wipers heavily. The electricity captured by regenerative braking was 3.4 kwh.

Add the first two together and subtract the third and you arrive at 15.8 kwh.

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”