Do you use the "range chart"? Do you have an iPhone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampitupco

Range Chart

Leaf Energy iOS app

Do you use the Tony Williams' range chart? Do you have an iPhone, iPod, or iPad? With Tony's blessing I am working on an app that will do it's best to estimate your range based on his chart. I've got something pretty close to testable now, and I'd like a few Leafers to try it out before it gets submitted to Apple.

For this first version of the app, you enter all the variables from the chart and it spits out a number. Some things like air temperature and elevation will get populated for you if you enable to app to use your current location. It's pretty basic, but functional (and I've been using it with good success!)

Why bother with an app like this? For me, who lives at altitude and frequently travels between 5500 ft and 8500 ft with cold temperatures (15F-45F), it makes life easier than factoring 1% here and 2 fuel bars there when doing the chart look-up. Plus, I like to write apps.

If you are interested, PM me your email address (one that you can access from your phone or device). I only have a limited number of positions for testers, so it's first come first served. Please, only volunteer if you intend on giving feedback. Thanks!

I am planning on following up with an Android version if this app proves successful.

I've been an Apple fanatic for some time now... I have many iPhones, an iPad, etc. I would be happy to test it. Let me know.

Make an android version and I am there!

ampitupco said:
Do you use the Tony Williams' range chart? Do you have an iPhone, iPod, or iPad? With Tony's blessing I am working on an app that will do it's best to estimate your range based on his chart. I've got something pretty close to testable now, and I'd like a few Leafers to try it out before it gets submitted to Apple.

I would love to see a UI with horizontal sliders. Eg:

Slider 1 - fuel bars
Slider 2 - intended mph
Slider 3 - intended elevation change
Slider 4 - temp
Slider 5 - intended CC energy rate

Have a large range number that dynamically updates as the sliders are manipulated.

When done, click a button and sliders are replaced with a display of the remaining fuel bars, with a range number for each one based on the inputs.

Then license that bad boy to Nissan to port it to the Console display! :p

Will provide you feed back from iPhone and iPad and some additional data - outside temperature, GPS logging data, KWHr logs and odometer readings.

I have a first generation jailbroken iPhone and a regular iPad 2. Would love to see this for Android (my current phone is a Nexus S 4G with ICS) but failing that compatibility for first gen iPhone would be very cool!

Ok - if you want to be a tester:

If you are interested, PM me your email address (one that you can access from your phone or device). I only have a limited number of positions for testers, so it's first come first served. Please, only volunteer if you intend on putting the app through it's paces and giving feedback. Thanks!

ampitupco said:
Ok - if you want to be a tester:

If you are interested, PM me your email address (one that you can access from your phone or device). I only have a limited number of positions for testers, so it's first come first served. Please, only volunteer if you intend on putting the app through it's paces and giving feedback. Thanks!

I'm out. I'm currently not using email on my phone.

Back