Shift to Prange?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Not sure what they were going for here, but I'll bet "Shift to Prange" wasn't it. Reminds me of that Python skit where everyone says "Splunge", because they think that's what the boss wants to hear! :lol:

I think this may be something new with one of the software updates. Or at least I don't remember seeing it before. Happens when you shift into gear while the driver's door is open (something I do to reverse down the driveway just enough that I can then apply tire dressing to the part of the tire that's down against the concrete when I do the rest).

734579_10151412918549844_1396551875_n.jpg

It means Shift to Park (P Range) and is seen if you open the driver's door with the car on and in D. It was part of the up date the middle of last year or so...

mwalsh said:
Not sure what they were going for here, but I'll bet "Shift to Prange" wasn't it. Reminds me of that Python skit where everyone says "Splunge", because they think that's what the boss wants to hear! :lol:

I think this may be something new with one of the software updates. Or at least I don't remember seeing it before. Happens when you shift into gear while the driver's door is open (something I do to reverse down the driveway just enough that I can then apply tire dressing to the part of the tire that's down against the concrete when I do the rest).

planet4ever said:
Google search of the forum has failed me this time, but I'm sure someone here reported seeing that term a long time ago.
Ditto. I was able to find it via Bing though.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=181380#p181380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think your firmware has a bug, Mike. It should say "Shift to gear P now", but the letters got scrambled and the "ow" was accidentally sent to "Being Hit on the Head Lessons". :D

Back