EricH
Delivery Date: 26 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 0664

Nissan E-mail Survey

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:27 am

I got an email from Nissan with a link to a survey. The survey asked some "standard" questions about "Do you own a Leaf" and "Who made the purchase decision", then went to an interesting series of battery-life questions. Nissan seems to be looking to the problem of owners with 5-year old battery packs that are out of Nissan's (about-to-be-announced) retroactive warranty to MY 2011-12 Leafs. They are exploring acceptable price points for replacement packs (new, "24-kWh" packs), and preferred financing: cash, finance, or rent (sample rental price was maybe 70% of payment for 5- yr financing). They also had a $2,000 voucher option, good for any new Nissan.
Also asked about driving habits, and how much range degradation would interfere with "daily driving", which was hard to answer - most days I stay we'll under 50 miles, but I do drive it 60+ and would miss that capability.

Anyhow, it will be interesting to see how Nissan winds up pricing the new pack.
Blue SL with QC
A/V Charger
Delivery: 3/26/11

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Nissan E-mail Survey

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 am

Already been discussed at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Enhancement / Change Requests”