Re: Bench seats in front
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:02 pm
- - Seats only 5-1/2, not 6;
- Nissan would have to relocate some central console gear to left or right side of dash to accommodate middle airbag;
- There would be a well-known safety problem with center passenger's feet close to gas pedal - some sort of barrier would be needed to avoid interference, regardless of the center theoretically being usable by small children only;
- a bench seat would add weight to the Leaf due to additional stiffening required to accommodate the inertial weight of a center passenger in an accident;
- Like everyone said before, the bench seat became a dinosaur and is even missing from a lot of today's pick-up trucks. I would not want to be the head of Nissan Marketing having to explain why the Leaf took a step backward in seat design.