OEM Rims that fit?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coloradoman

Which nissan vehicles can I find in the junk yard with alloy rims that will fit my 2019 leaf s? I would prefer 16 inch rims, they weigh less and give more sidewall, but if I find a set of 17s that would be ok too.

I think the main issues are offset and room for the front brake calipers, which are large on a Leaf. The bolt pattern and center bore will be the same for just about any modern Nissan. Some models (like the Leaf) had different rim sizes for different trim levels.

I found some websites that sold wheels that listed all the specs for the various cars over the years. It was a bit tedious to find all the vehicles with the right specs but the data is readily available.

I found some rims at the local boneyard that fit. I think they are 2004 Altima 16" rims. IIRC there was a span of about 4 years for the Altima that fit and some other cars as well. These were the first ones I found and they seem fine although I need to touch up the paint in a few spots.

You'll probably need to buy TPMS sensors as well. I found some on ebay.

alozzy said:
I have not tried them myself, but I recall another thread where someone mentioned Juke wheels.

Yes, 17" Juke wheels (maybe not all years - mine are '15) are the same as 17" Leaf wheels from the same era, or at least look very similar and they do fit. I use a set as Winter wheels.

I do not have TMPS sensors on the winter tires... it means that the car has a little orange light on the dashboard when driving but we are OK with that. Pure cheapness, no other reason, we may install them at some point.....

dmacarthur said:
I do not have TMPS sensors on the winter tires... it means that the car has a little orange light on the dashboard when driving but we are OK with that. Pure cheapness, no other reason, we may install them at some point.....

You should try the "Electrical Tape Hack."

They're not Nissan, and not alloy, but I saw a 1st-gen LEAF on Youtube with Crown Vic police interceptor wheels on it. I heard they put a dent in the range, but the look was distinctive!

I used this information when searching for a spare tire (also from Youtube):

OEM wheel size is 16"x6.5" with a 40mm positive offset [1].
Hub has 5 bolts, 114.3mm (4.5") bolt pattern.
Hub bore size is 66.1mm.
The wheel stud thread size is 12mm x 1.25, just like every other Nissan since 1984.
The wheel nuts are 1" long, closed-end acorn seat. They require a 21 mm (or 13/16") socket. They are torqued to 80 ft-lbs (108 N-m, 11 kg-m) [2]. Wheel lug nut and MacGard wheel lock:

Saw someone on redflagdeals (Canadian slick deals) have a photo of their 2018 using the 5 spoke 2006 Nissan x trail rims

Looking for a set myself for 2015, or the older altima rims

Sorry, incorrectly put this in the wrong forum.
Here is an article on Tesla about the advantages of going to lower lighter rims.

https://insideevs.com/news/405659/video-tesla-model-3-range-18-wheels/

DougWantsALeaf said:
Sorry, incorrectly put this in the wrong forum.
Here is an article on Tesla about the advantages of going to lower lighter rims.

https://insideevs.com/news/405659/video-tesla-model-3-range-18-wheels/

Increased efficiency is due to narrow tires (and possibly change in overall diameter), not reduction in weight.

Back