Consistent button positions for Bluetooth phone usage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snadra

I use the Leaf's Bluetooth connection with my iPhone all the time for making calls, and I love it. However, there's an issue with the placement of the buttons on the nav screen that has been driving me crazy -- it moves once the call connects.

Imagine you've placed a call, and are waiting for the person to answer. He doesn't, and you get kicked into voicemail. You don't want to leave a message, though, so you move to end the call by pressing the "Hang up" button on the nav screen. The problem is that before the call connects, the "Hang up" button is in one place, but then as soon as it connects, that button moves up and the "Use handset" button is in its place. So if you don't hang up fast enough or move your finger up, you accidentally hit the handset button, and the call goes to the handset. This leaves you fumbling for the actual phone while trying to drive, so you can hurry up and end the call before you leave a voicemail you don't intend to. It's so frustrating!

Nissan, can't you keep the buttons in one place?

The entire touchscreen design is out of whack. Not only do buttons move when they don't need to, but the shapes are really dumb. They would be much easier to hit with just a glance at the screen if they were more square...rather than 8 wide and short buttons in one column they should make two columns of 4, for example.

Thanks for pointing that out snadra; I wondered why I kept getting to the "Handset" when I aimed for the hangup.

I may be missing something, but can't you just hit the phone button on the steering wheel to hang up? It doesn't solve the moving-target UI problem, but at least avoids it for this particular function.

baronvonshush said:
I may be missing something, but can't you just hit the phone button on the steering wheel to hang up?

Wow, I had no idea that worked. I tried it today on my commute and it worked like a charm! I'm also able to answer the phone with the steering wheel button, which I didn't realize I could do either. Much easier than hitting that narrow "Answer" button on the screen. Thanks, baronvonhush!

Back